Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutting down correctly Hana Server SAP Business One

jacobo_agami
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am using SAP Busines One 9.0 PL 14 on Hana. Due to some problems i need to shutdown the server every night and turn it on again everyday. I would like to know what would be the correct steps, to be sure there will no problem with transactions or with the tables that are on Memory.

P.S. Does anyone know how i can be sure, there are no user logged on to Sap Business One??

Regards Jacobo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dear Jacobo,

I found the answer to your question in SAP Note 1969397 on "Troubleshooting Guide for SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA". There it says:

4.1 Question: What commands should I use to restart SAP HANA and the various SAP Business services? And in what sequence?

Solution: Restart the SAP HANA instance and the services in the following order:

1. Restart SAP HANA instance as the <sid>adm user (e.g. ndbadm):
        1. Stop the SAP HANA database: ./HDB stop
        2. Start the SAP HANA database: ./HDB start
      2. As a root user:

< 9.0 PL11:

1. Restart the server tools (SLD, license, and mailer): /etc/init.d/sapb1servertools restart
        2. Restart the analytics service as below:
          1. Stop the service: /etc/init.d/b1ad stop
          2. Start the service after a few moments to ensure tomcat has been stopped: /etc/init.d/b1ad start

>= 9.0 PL11: Restart the server tools and the analytics server using the same command: /etc/init.d/sapb1servertools restart

What HANA is concerned, instead of "./HDB stop" you could also use the corresponding sapcontrol command:

saposcontrol –nr [Instance Number] –function StartSystem/StopSystem/RestartSystem

However for B1 application specific questions (how to assure that no users are logged on into the system) please reach out to the experts in the SAP Business One SCN forum:

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-one

Best regards,

Michael