cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does Registry Setting DisplayCompoundAsKeys Work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

In reviewing the Administrator Guide for Analysis for Office, I noticed that there is a registry setting called "DisplayCompoundAsKeys" and in its description it states the following:

You use this setting to define the display of variables in the summary view of the prompting dialog.  The default value is False. This means
that the variables are displayed as display strings. 
For compound characteristics, the display string may not be unique. To display compound characteristics with the key instead of the display string, you can set the parameter value to True.

I’ve created this Registry setting under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\Advanced Analytics\Settings\Variable with the value
of “true.”

I am trying to test this setting to see what it actually does.  My assumption is that when I select a field with a compounding object, such as Fiscal
Year/Period with compounding object Fiscal Variant, that I will see both the Fiscal Variant and Fiscal Year/Period in the summary area of the prompting value as shown below.  So if there are two Fiscal Variants for 003/2015, I should see both appear in the Prompt Summary area.

Unfortunately, I do not see any changes in how Fiscal Year/Period is display in the Prompt Summary.  I’ve tested with this value set to “false” and it has not made any difference.

Has anyone used this setting and if you have, can you tell me what I should be expecting to see?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I'm checking all threads without answer and I would like to know if you already made some tests with the DisplayCompoundAsKeys or if you still need help on this thread.

I believe that the mentioned registry is the same as described on the SAP note 1790963 and on the Admin Guide at the section 5.1.3. Once you set the registry to true, the display compound characteristics will be with the key instead of the display string.

Kind regards,

Diego Ferrary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thanks for the follow-up.  We have upgraded to Analysis for Office 1.4 and this looks to have resolved our issue.

Thanks and best regards, Paul

Answers (0)