Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Name issue in BPC Dimension Member

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of our BPC dimension for region MEA_COMMON we have long description i.e. "MEA_CEWA_COMMON-MEA Subregion Central, East and West Africa common (0)". When we select this member in context bar report is not getting refreshed and error out. But when we remove it's length to short it is working fine.

Is there any length related settings available in EPM Add Inn or BPC 10.0. Kindly advise and help.

Regards

Parag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Thanks for the details. But Just now i have checked description and it is maintained in dimension as "MEA Subregion Central, East and West Africa common" which is 50 characters long. Last time i have mentioned line with ID and Description.

Parag

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then it should not be a problem. Even if you try to insert more than 60 chars system doesn't allow you to enter.

"But when we remove it's length to short it is working fine." - Can you elaborate on this.

Thanks,

Raju

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

If we make description to short e.g. MEA SR CEWA common then it works.

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try in latest version of EPM Add-in.

Thanks,

Raju

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I have attached error snap shot for your better understanding the issue.

Parag

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

You have issue with data length! Can you show full text of error?

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parag ,

This issue seems to Exceeding lenght of key fields ,if calculation issue the vlaues are passing to respective filed is exceeding ,why don't you try SAP Note 1829297 for exceeding lenght.If you apply for this note you can check Model settings to choose Key figure Lengh.

Regards

Sun

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is "MEA_CEWA_COMMON-MEA Subregion Central, East and West Africa common" only description?

If yes, it exceeds the max length (60). Please check.

Thanks,

Raju

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raju for quick response.

Iet me check if it's max length issue. But can you please advise me where this maximum length 60 setting is available to check in excel or in EPM?

Parag

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dimension in BPC is nothing but infoobject in BW . You can see this from RSA1.

Max number of chars allowed for any infoobject text is 60chars.

Thanks,

Raju