cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Par File Download Not Possible in 7.0 EHP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to download MastHead Par file for modification from SAP EP portal 7.02.

While Downloading from the System Administration-->Support-->Portal RunTime-->Browse Catalog-->com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead or c om.sap.portal.navigation.masthead->download option. The downloaded file comes as com.sap.portal.support.browse.default. (DEFAULT File Type).

I checked in one of the SDN link, and able to convert this Default File to Zip file.

But while checking contents, I am not able to find par.bak file instead it contains only css,images,scripts folder and contents within it.

Due to which, I will not be able to import this into NWDS and make changes as per my requirement.

Please let me know, if there is any suggestion to get the correct par file, which i can import to NWDS for customizing it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

During the download, you can rename the file from com.sap.portal.support.browse.default to com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead.zip or com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.zip and select the file type (save as option) as All files.

Then try to unzip the files. You should be able to find  par.bak file inside the unzipped folder.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to find the exact par.back at the below path on system admin support.

root/web-inf/deployment/pcd or temp

But while downloading, it comes as default file and on saved it as .zip

On opening zip contents, i could see many folder inside like css,images,scripts etc not the exact .par file.

With this folder format, I am not able to import into the NWDS either entire folder structure or zip file created..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Did you try the steps that I had mentioned in my above post.

Alternatively, please go through the below SCN thread that talks about the same issue:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/101205

Hope this helps!!!

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried, it didnt worked. So, I extracted the file from server location itself.

\usr\sap\<System>\<Number>\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\temp

It will have all  par.bak files, which we can import to NWDS easily by removing .bak extension.

Answers (0)