cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KP 34 -Issue faced in Planning Area "Cost Ctrs:Cost Element/Activity Inputs"

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing  facing an issue in the KP34 Transaction in Planning Area "Cost Ctrs:Cost Element/Activity Inputs" and in layout "Name "XXXX" description:Cost Elem. Act-indep/Act-dep. obj crcy".

Activity what I did:

For the above mentioned Layout we ticked  the "Integrated Excel" Checkbox and maintained the below mentioned parameters:

Version

From Period

To Period

Fiscal Year

COst Center

Cost Element

What I missed is to maintain any data in the field "Activity Type".

After this activity I clicked the overview screen and one excel screen apperared where I enabled the Macros and selcted "Generic File" option and give a file Name as "XXXX" and saved the file description.The File Name is getting updated in the "Default Parameter" Screen.

Issue:

When I am trying to upload the excel template (with the Activity Type Included) it is not getting uploaded (upload failed), because the "Activity Type" was not maintained initially.So the system is trying to replace the "Cost Element" in the place of "Acticity Type" which will not happen because system doesnt have any Activity Type by that name.

1) If I try to the maintain it again in Kp34(this time with Activity Type Data) I am getting an error  of Layout Mismatch.

2) If I remove the name and try to maintain the Kp34 data agian it is allowing me to do that, and I am able to access the Excel Screen where i am able to selecet the generic file once again.Here, if I am trying to "save generic file" once again with same old file name "XXXX" as last time, it is getting saved with a new name automatically like "AAAA XXXX".The System is assigning the layout name also in the file name".

Query:

Is there any way to add the field "Activity Type" in the initial file name "XXXX".I dont want the file name to be changed to anything other than this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel,

You need to include the activity type in General Data selection in the Layout (Form). That will fix your issue.

Thanks

Baskaran