Absense counting for a half day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello HR Gurus,

Description :

The work schedule is as below :

Mon Tue  Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun

8        8      8     8     8     5     0

Now for a particular absence type say overtime leave type , the absence hours should be 40 hours when an employee applies for leave for the week , which means the 5 hours on Saturday should not be calculated in absence hours . I have unchecked Saturday from workday in table T556C and hence i have achieved the deduction of quota to be 40 hours . However the absence hour is still 45.

In simple word , the below screenshot the requirement is that the absence hours should be calculated as 40 hours instead of 45 hours. I suppose this can only be done using T556C table but need to know how ?

Any inputs would be appreciated and very helpful !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Saturday DWS class and same dws class should be unticked in Counting rule.

Regards,

Sankarsan

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debabrata,

I believe this can be achieved by using variant for DWS for absence grouping defined for this absence.

Do the following:

1. For this particular absence, define absence grouping as 9 in T554S.
  2. Define the variant for DWS for Saturday for the absence as defined in my below document. Ensure that you check no planned working hours for the variant.

In this document, refer this section:

• Scenario 2: When we want a different no. of hours getting deducted for absence instead of the planned working hours specified in the DWS – Suppose an employee works 5 days a week and 40 hours per week – Mon (10hrs), Tue (10hrs), Wed (10hrs), Thu (5hrs) and Fri (5hrs). If an employee applies for leave on any day, it should deduct 8 hours and not the planned working hours of the day.

Scenario 2: Determine Daily Work Schedule Variants for Absence

Let us try to understand the rule 01. It has only one sub-rule – 01

Holiday Class            -        It comprises 10 spaces representing the 10 public holiday classes from 0 – 9. It represents the holiday class for the current day. X represents the holiday class in scope.

HolClNext Day           -        It comprises 10 spaces representing the 10 public holiday classes from 0 – 9. It represents the holiday class for the next day. X represents the holiday class in scope.

GrpAtt/Abs              -        It represents the absence grouping of the absence which is defined in Table T554S. It comprises 10 spaces representing absence grouping from 0 – 9. X represents the absence grouping in scope.

Weekday              -       It represents the weekday and has seven spaces ranging from Mon to Sun. X represents the weekday in scope.

Variant                    -        It represents the variant to be called in if the rule is successfully executed.

Rule 01 Sub-rule 01 gets executed and the variant A is called in if the holiday class of the current day is anything from 0 - 9, if the holiday class of the next day is anything from 0 – 9, if the absence grouping of the absence applied is 1 and the weekday can be anything from Mon – Sun. If the rule 01 sub-rule 01 is successfully executed, then the original DWS is replaced by its variant A. If the rule fails, then the original DWS is called in for absence hours.

When an absence type with absence grouping 01 is applied, the DWS selection rule 01 assigned to the DWS will get executed. If the rule execution is successful, the original DWS gets replaced with DWS variant A and the no. of hours mentioned in the DWS Variant A gets deducted for absences.

I hope this will resolve your issue.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal