SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations Discussions
Share your knowledge on SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations, connect with community members, and join discussions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Commercial Project Management 1.0

ashish_aswale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We installed SAP Commercial Project Management 1.0 recently and We have done the configuration for "Master Project".

The Master Project type is also defined but it is not getting displayed in the drop down on the front end. 

How can we solve this?

13 REPLIES 13

maria_miessen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you made the following settings in Customizing under SAP Commercial Project Management -> Master Data -> Master Project:

• Made the necessary settings in the following activities
    • Define Custom Term
    • Make Settings for Stages
    • Make Settings for Objects
    • Define Object Links and Logical Systems
    • Make Settings for Object Attributes
    • Define Reporting Attributes
    • Make Settings for Organization
    • Define Components for Master Project Structure
    • Define Settings for Status Management
    • Define Contact Profiles
    • Define Role Profiles
    • Define Alerts
    • Define Severities
  • Defined project coding keys and the permitted special characters under Project System > Structures > Operative Structures > Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) > Project Coding Mask.

Here is an overview of the standard deliver of master project type with the following settings:

FieldValue
Master Project Type0001
DescriptionStandard Master Project
Reporting Attribute Profile0001 (Profile)
Organization Profile00001 (Standard Org. Profile)
Role Profile00001 (Standard Role Profile)
Stage Profile0001 (Standard Stage Profile)
View ID00001 (Standard View ID)
Project coding key
Status Template0001 (Standard Template)
Status PeriodMonthly
Alert PersonalizationEnabled (Yes)
Object Link0PD (Project Definition)

There is a solution. SAP Commercial Project Management rapid-deployment solution contains best practices and cross-industry preconfigured content for commercial project management (see blog post (

Kind regards,

Maria Miessen

0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have done all the SPRO Configuration for Master Project but still it is not getting displayed..

0 Kudos

hi,

Do the below setting in configuration of master project.

Maintain view conditions under a master project type.

Regards

Shubham

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Please activate the BW contents, then the data will start to flow.

Please refer the link below:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3869533

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I am having the same problem. Please could you tell me how did you resolve this in your case.

Thanks

Atif

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am just starting with CPM 1.0 and working with SAP GUI (not with NWBC), can you give me a list of all CPM transactions, I searched on the net and couldn't find anything (possibly because everybody is using NWBC/ FIORI).

Your response is highly appreciated

0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Unfortunately CPM doesn't have any Tcode as it is based on NWBC. But you can access CPM by adding CPM webdynpro applications to your favorite.

Thanks,

Minal

0 Kudos

Hi Minal,

Many thanks for your response, for some reason I am unable to see anything specific to CPM through NWBC, recently our security person has given me SAPK-10006INCPD to my ID.

I need access to all CPD module in CPM, can you suggest all the roles/ business functions that need to be provided to my ID or should be activated for accessing CPD

regards and thanks for all your help on this

Anmol

0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Please ask your security person to assign following role to your user:

SAP_SR_CPD_PFP_USER_1

SAP_SR_CPD_PICM_PM_1 ( optional - only if you are having PICM installed)

SAP_SR_CPD_PICM_USER_1 ( Optional )

SAP_SR_CPD_PM_1

SAP_SR_CPD_PWS_USER_1

Hope this will help.

Thanks and Regards,

Minal Agrawal

0 Kudos

Thanks Minal, just one more question, once he gives me the said roles, will I be able to see Project workspace (CPM stuff) automatically in NWBC or will he still have to do something further to enable that and if so, what would he need to add to my user menu for me to be able to access

regards and thanks again

Anmol

0 Kudos

It works Minal, many thanks for all your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

It seems like you don't have proper authorization set up. Please ask your security person to check all roles for CPM and make sure he/she provides you authorization for all master project type as well as authorization to create, display, update financial plan. Hope this will sole your issue.

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the "Settings for Master project" config in SPRO..Assign Master Project Type in the profile.

The drop down will be visible.

Recently i have worked on CPM 2.0..Its superb as it has Risk Management functionalities too.

Shubham