cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UJBR Failed when restoring BPC 10.1 Backup to BPC 10.0 Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have to downgrade our BW system from 7.40 to 7.31. The reason for this not our concern for now.

We managed to take backup from UJBR in 7.40 environment and when tried to restore it into 7.31 environment, then we got dump which is "Restoring across product releases is not supported". This dump seems reasonable but I want to know if there is fix for this problem.

I changed the some values in  "Metadata.XML" file in order to bypass this error which was changing "COMPONENT="CPMBPC" RELEASE="810" to "COMPONENT="CPMBPC" RELEASE="801" and actualy bypassed it. Now I'm getting another error but I'm pretty sure that if I can manage bypassing this new problem, then I'll encounter another. That's why I stop doing this.

New error is :

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED_NO

Except.                CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL

ABAP Program           CL_UJT_BACKUP_RESTORE_MGR=====CP

Application Component  EPM-BPC-NW-TRA

Trigger Location of Exception

Program                                 CL_UJT_BACKUP_RESTORE_MGR=====

Include                                   CL_UJT_BACKUP_RESTORE_MGR=====

Row                                      12

Module type                            (METHOD)

Module Name                         GET_STRUCTURE_FROM_ATTRIBUTES

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilter,

Have you managed to resolve this error ? We have a similar error when we are trying to restore the BPC 7.5 NW Appset (BW 7.3)  to BPC 10.1 NW on BW 7.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elvin,

I couldn't have found a solution for my problem and recreated model in 10.0 environment. But your problem may have a solution if you can try the migration option.

I have very few knowledge about migration but maybe this discussion helps.

"You need to run migration program UJT_MIGRATE_75_TO_101 to migrate 7.5 data to 10.1."

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3714641