cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate 3D visual viewer with agentry android client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on SAP Work Manager 6.1, I just want to know How to integrate 3D visual viewer with agentry android client. What setting i need to do from sap backend side.

Regards:

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

I got a similar problem with Android but

- 3D Visualization is working with my WPF client

- 3D Visualization is failing with my Android client (see below)

However GIS is working on the same Android client.

SAP® EAM and service mobile app SDK Installation Guide" version 1.0  indicates in step 5 to "Add Visual Enterprise libraries to the MobileAppsVELibrary project".  Could you confirm that this step is equivalent to copy contents of "DVL/Android/libs/" to libs folder of the MobileAppsVELibrary project? Is there other DLLs to copy in this step?

3D Visualization on Android problem description:

Code Levels:

Eclipse => Luna 4.4.0 + ADT 23.0.4

Agentry SDK => SMPAgentryClientFramework-Android-70.5.1.10.zip

Mobile Apps Open UI SDK 1.0 => 51048778_5.zip

SAP 3D SDK => SAP3DVisualEnterpriseApplicationsSDKv2_1.zip

PB description:

Screen is blank and there is an exception in log.txt when user click on the attachment (VDS)

Traces:

see log.txt

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

If I display the 2nd attachment (image/jpeg), the image is displayed successfully on the Android device and I have the same exception (java.lang.Throwable: EventHub.removeMessages(int what = 107) is not supported before the WebViewCore is set up.)

So investigating the exception might not give the solution to the problem.

I am also getting some encrypted information on the Android client when I double click the blank screen and hit left/right arrows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dider

I'm also working on 3D integration for WPF client but from my side its not working. Can you provide me the step or what configuration you made for WPF client.

Regards:

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I have installed SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer. When I click on the attachment in Agentry WPF client, it save VDS document and launch the 3D Viewer.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First you will need to compile an Agentry android client that includes the Visual Enterprise Open UI code.  Follow the steps in the SAP Work Manager - Software Development Kits for Mobile Applications Version: 6.1.

Secondly you will need to make sure in the Config Panel that you set the PREF_VE_ENABLED to TRUE under your Mobile Application configuration in the Client Globals section.

Then you will need to attach the Visual Enterprise .VDS file to an object on the client so you can invoke the viewer.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply.

I have applied steps like by software development kits for mobile application version 6.1 & enabled the PREF_VE_ENABLED from config portal side. But here i want to know how to attach the Visual Enterprise .VDS file to an object on the client.

Regards:

Sumit

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You would either need to attach it to an object like the Work Order so that it will appear in the document list or have the .vds file on the device and add it as a new attachment to the current work order for example.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,

I am facing issue by uploading the Document. I am sharing screen shot with you.So, please have a look on this for better understanding.

Its showing like AttachmentCaptureSteplet - The link to SAP object PMAUFK is not allowed for document type DRW.

Regards:

Sumit

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sumit,

This looks like it might be a permissions / rights issue with the backend.  I would suggest checking to make sure the same attachment, type, settings can be performed in the SAP Gui for the user.

You can attach the VDS document locally and view before sending to SAP to also verify the functionality in the client.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helpful reply bill,

I did same thing that you mentioned above but i'm having some issue like when i display VDS file on android client then its show me file in encrypted form unable to view. I just want to know one thing is it mandatory to install the visual viewer on client device along with 3D integration agentry android client.

Regards:

Sumit

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sumit,

No, the VE open UI integration you compile into the Agentry Android client provides the viewer capabilities. 

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

I already performed all the VE open UI integration with agentry android client but still issue remain same. Its not showing the 3D view its showing the that i have already attached the screenshot in previous message.

Regards:

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

We have completed the integration with agentry android client but when we runing Work manager 6.1 on the integrated Agentry android client its showing only the path of that file. I'm here attaching a screenshot of same.

Regards:

Sumit

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That screen shot appears to be a windows client.  You have to integrate Visual Enterprise on each client separately.  It looks like the VE integration wasn't done for the client you are using.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

We have separately integrated Visual Enterprise on both client for  Windows and android.  But its showing only path of the file in both the client. Is there any other step i need to do other than provided in documentation.

Regards:

Sumit