Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core competencies in Talent profile

sbsrajendran
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need some information regarding core competencies in Talent profile.

1. What is core competencies?

2. Where we are defining core competencies? Is there any specific info type for core competencies?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sakthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

Core Competencies are the competencies that are the most key in your organization; those that represent your core values and/or should be part of every talent. This could be things like "Leadership" or "Vision", or simply "Work to deadlines".

Core Competencies are defined in the IMG under Talent Management and Talent Development node.

Best regards,

Luke

sbsrajendran
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Luke,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. As you mentioned in one post I have checked that node in talent management / view V_T77TMCQ_CAT_Q ,but if you take Qualifications one employee can add their qualifications through employee profile in portal and the same will get stored in infotype 24 likewise is there any specific functionality to add the core competencies in backend so that we can view the same in portal.It would be better if you explained with some examples.

And how core competencies, competency are differing in TD??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sakthi

sbsrajendran
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello luke,

Correct me if i am wrong. From my understanding the competencies shown in the below screenshot are the core competencies and what we are seeing here needs to be displayed in "Overview screen (image 2)".

But in overview screen(image below) its displaying "No data available". This is the part where we are struggling.

Kindly give your valuable suggestions.

Many Thanks,

Sakthi

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

If the employee has no competencies that are defined in the Core Competencies then they will not show in the Talent Profile. Does the employee in your screenshots have any of the Core Competencies assigned directly to them in IT24?

Best regards,

Luke

sbsrajendran
Explorer
0 Kudos

yes luke. The competencies which we are seeing under talent management node are available in IT24 of this employee.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has the employee been assessed on them yet in the Talent Assessment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sakthi,

in order to make the employee qualification appear in the talent profile,

you must assign that qualification in SPRO.

the SPRO path is as follow:

1. SPRO > Talent Management and Talent Development > Qualifications in Talent Management > Assign Qualifications to Qualification Categories --> to create the categories in talent profile, currently I'm just using standard entry from SAP (you can also access this configuration via SM30 by maintaining V_T77TMCQ_CATT maintenance dialog).
  2. SPRO > Talent Management and Talent Development > Qualifications in Talent Management > Create Qualification Categories --> to assign qualification that you want to show at the talent profile (you can also access this configuration via SM30 by maintaining V_T77TMCQ_CAT_Q maintenance dialog).

hope this help you.

Thank you

Regards,

Bobbi

Answers (0)