Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeding length Error

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using EPM 10 NW, I am trying to open one rerpot and change Account member value like KP111,after refresh the values shwoing exceeding length as below error.

I am trying to check cell vlaues format as length format, but this issues come while refresh the report negative values showing exceeding lenght.

R's

Sun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Earlier this SAP Note 1829297  suggested for this issue ,but no way.

R

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

The message is clear - the number is too long! And the note is correct! First check BW for the long values and decide what do you want?

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim ,

Actually the backend values are coming on the fly  for calculating KPIs.To check BADis.

Ex : K11= 111.5*((K2)/1/K3) ; this vlaues showing (100000000000001 .00)while slecting K11 memebr in Account Dimension. Many of them saying lenght issue  as showing value,if logically any validation is missing the value shows wrong like K2&K3 values are passing exceeding lenght.I am bit confusing whether this logic properly run also this lengh issue may occur.Backend levle  BW there is no data holding,its on the fly the data is calculting. Please suggest on this.

R's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

I do not understand clearly what are you trying to say...

"on the fly" - by dimension member formula or what?

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

Yes , The data is aggregated/calculated on the fly each time when refresh button is clicked as BW on HANA keeps data only on level.The  dimesnion formula is as defined earlier.

R's

sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show dimension formula? Screenshot...

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for you response,

The formula is  KP101 =162.5*((KP102/6)/KP103);

This valies are calucated exceeding lenght.

R's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I do not understand what are you talking about! This is not a dimension member formula...

Where you define it?

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

This formula is defined in Member formula >in  Account dimension.In this process we will open report and select Account dimension meber to add KP101 and then REFRESH the report the exceed lenght message occurs. We are suspecting while this formula is executing this error or overall  data loading in exceeding lenght? Data  loading from BADIs also.

R's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then the formula syntax will be:

Member: KP101

162.5*(([KP102]/6)/[KP103])

I don't see [] surrounding member id's.

If you remove this formula - no issues with the report?

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes vadin,

I have checked that formula tried  in standalone calulation ,its workign fine,whever brakets are there I missed to define here. Other formula aslo changed but the same issue occurs.Does this formula capturing nay wrong value from  backend ?

Please suggest

R's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, please explain properly!

When do you have the issue exactly - after adding some formula?

By the way in case of division it's better to write something like:

IIF([KP103]=0,NULL,162.5*(([KP102]/6)/[KP103]));

to prevent division by zero...

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

Sorry for delay,

As I have seen the logic is workign for other region like ,if I will select ORG memebr selection for particular memebr (INDIA) ,the exceedign lenght issue error occurs.Again  I have checked  other  ORGANISATION  memebr selection tried different ways and I couldn't get  that error. Only particuale INDIA region selection under ORAGNISATION Dimension member I am unable to proceed due this exceedign lenght error.

Thnaks for your response in advance.

R's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to check - have you enabled Large Key Figure?

Can you test it storing some huge value?

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

This ENABLE_LARGE_KEY_FIGURE is not there

R's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the note:

"Insert a new flag with fieldname 'ENABLE_LARGE_KEY_FIGURE' and set value to 'X' -> SAVE"

And then - settings for the models...

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

This large key  figure  assumption defined earlier,thye are  strongly saying there is a KPI calulcation BADI  need to check and debug respective BADI  and how the value is coming to BPC. I am not much aware of debug BADI in BPC process. If not this key logic ,how to debug BADIs in BPC leve.

Please suggest.

R's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I don't see any badi relevance. You have a dimension member formula for KPI generating huge amount. You have to test large key figure.

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim ,

I will check KPI formula level value and will test large key figure.

R's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard BPC support 13 integers and 7 decimals, in your case I can see 15 integers...

Large key figure - 24 integers.

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

Here are two queries for  this :

1 . If this is caused by some sort of allocation or calculation on the BPC side(Script or BADI) maybe   I  can look in to having a proper rounding

2. If  this is the nature of the data in general,so it is tranferreed in this  way from third system.

if  1 is true  we don't need to enable big numbers settings

if 2 is true we would like to get the impact analysis on the bpc system what will happen id we enable this setting.

could you please clarify these two points if  I  follow like SAP Note or  some member formula logic analysis.

Thanks for you response.

r's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have data in your system with less then 13 integer digits. OK!

Then you create a dimension member formula attached to KPI member.

The member formula is calculated each time you run a report and the result is not stored in the cube.

But in some particular case the result of member formula calculation is more then 13 digits (15).

And you have an error. If you switch to large key figure this issue will be solved.

Hope it's clear.

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

I  have got some outcome  for this issue: The change may cause additional  issues in BPC and liek to avoid.The error  is effects only one account.Teh are asking to find other solutions for it,it maight cause the formula or script or BADI.   The resul as follow I have sahred formula KP101=162.5*((KP103)/6)/KP102) >>9999999999 then 9999999999.  Pleas suggest on this. Thankyou

R's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure that the error will not happen during comparison but you can always test it yourself!

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tested the following formula for member [VISITORS1000]:

IIF([VISITORS]/[PAGEVIEWS]>9999999999999,9999999999999,[VISITORS]/[PAGEVIEWS])

The result is OK:

Without IIF - have the same error!

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

This member formula exactly  look like: K101=162.5*[ACCOUNT].[K102]/6/[ACCOUNT].[K103].

but if I will select particular ORGANISATION member like INDIA then only the exceeding lenght error occurs, if I wll select other region/location I am not getting "exceeding lenght error'.

Thankyou.

r's

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, look on my previous answer - I have tested exactly the same condition: out of range result for dimension member formula and IIF to test out of range. With IIF you can see that I have no error.

Hope it's clear...

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks  Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim .

I have cheked with that KPI values ,but the user is saying ,the issue appears when the result of the FORMULA  exceeds SAP character limit.Anyway KPI result should not exceed 999999999999.They are saying,we can't change the data source so the only solution is to change the method of calculating KP101.

In this scenario ,as you suggested   large key figure is to switch for this solution.

If yes ,

how strongly we can suggest to customer for this solution to rectify this lenght issue or any other alternate SAP satandard/custom solutions should  show to them.Please suggest on this.

Thankyou

R

Sun

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry,

Communication with the customer is your job. You are paid for it.

I have explained all technical things.

Vadim

former_member230848
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim....,

Here is justification of solutions not  for communication. Anyway.. thanks for you cooperation.Its helpful to move further

r

Sun