cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio - issue with openPromptDialog

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm experiencing a strange issue using Design Studio 1.4 patch1 in local mode and IE11.

I first thought it is an issue with my project or with the Template I'm using (based on Ad-hoc Analysis) as I have a lot of Tabs and Panel and internal logic. I have then rebuilt a very simple project starting from a blank project without any Template.

I place only two buttons and a datasource (BICS over a Bex query with mandatory variable).

The first button is located at the top left corner (0;0) and is 200 px wide and 100 px high. The "OnClick" action display any kind of message just to validate the button is OK.

The second button is located anywhere and "OnClick" event calls "APPLICATION.openPromptDialog".

When I run my application (locally, I didn't perform any test with Platform hosting), I fill my mandatory prompt and then the two buttons appear.

I can click on the first button and the selected message appears.

Then I click on the second button, the prompt dialog appears, I can change the variable value and click OK or just cancel, the behaviour is exactly the same: the top left area of my first button is no more accessible! An area which is 100px wide and 50px high cannot be clicked. The remaining part of the button is working correctly!

Using the developer mode (F12) of IE and inspecting the faulty area I can find this element:

div class="sapUiLayoutAbsPos" style="left: 0px; top: 0px;" data-sap-ui="__container4"div class="sapUiLayoutAbs sapUiLayoutAbsOvrflwXNone sapUiLayoutAbsOvrflwYNone zenControl" style="width: 100px; height: 50px;" data-sap-ui="MESSAGE_messageview1_abs">

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Would you please share / post screen shots, using the camera icon to upload?

Also, is your IE11 32 bit or 64 bit?  Per the PAM at https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100018972812014E IE11 64 bit is not supported, client side.

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

my previous post has been published before I finished it and then I could not complete it

Yes my version of IE 11 is 32 bits.

In my previous post, I wanted to add that in my full application, when I explore the page in developer mode after the call to openPromptDialog, I can find exactly the same component with the same size (100x50) in the top left corner with the same id "MESSAGE_messageview1_abs".

My test application looks like this:

Once I have displayed the prompt calling openPromptDialog, I can see the following in developper mode:

This top left area that is topmost in the display area is clearly not coming from my simple application.

I will try to test with a different installation of Design Studio and with Chrome browser.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Christian

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Confirmed here, too.  Design Studio 1.4 Patch 2.  Seems like a bug to me.

Add this CSS rule to work around it in the mean time:

#MESSAGE_messageview1_abs {

display : none;

}

EDIT: Seems like this is the application message box that belongs at the bottom right of the DS App.  Probably don't want to hide it this way... Hmmm - Will try to think of something else...

Try this instead:

#MESSAGE_messageview1_abs {

width : 0px !important;

height : 0px !important;

}

0 Kudos

Thank you Michael, I will try this workaround tomorrow and post the result,

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have implemented this morning the second workaround you proposed (setting size to zero) and it works fine for both my test project and my full project.

I will then open a low priority ticket asap, just to have the issue reported to SAP.

Thanks again,

Christian

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for keeping me posted!  Also thanks for sharing this bug with us, because now I know how to avoid it also! 

Answers (0)