cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Office compatibility with GUI 7.40 / NWBC 5.0?

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

after my first tests I have the impression that Analysis Office (1.4.9) is not compatible with the new system definition file format SAPUILandscape.xml. This format is activated as soon as NWBC 5.0 is added to a SAP-GUI 7.40 installation.

My searches for infirmation on this subject were not successful.

Is there any official statment or support note on that which I might have missed? Anybody sharing this experience?

This also is a warning not to check all checkboxes in the GUI 7.40 installation options without prior thinking about this. NWBC 5.0 is included in the GUI 7.40 installation package.

Regards,

Lutz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lutz Rottmann, Daniel Klein and Jos van der Sterren,

i spent some time today on this issue

Upgrading NWBC(Net weaver business client ) to version 5.0 Patch level 5(available in SMP) is solved the issue.

Could you also try that ?

Best Regards,

Subhash

dkle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

i am already on NWBC 5.0 PL05.

But now I know what the problem was!

I renamed the "Local" workspace to "NWBC" in SAP Logon, and created a new workspace "Local".

But internally the "NWBC" workspace stayed the default/local workspace.

So I just created a new connection in "NWBC" workspace and it shows up in AO 2.0.

It seems there is no way accessing other workspaces via AO 2.0 (system selection dropdown box is greyed out). Can you confirm this? I think this is a bug. Dropdown box would be useless otherwise.

EDIT: I created an incident with the following issues:

1. AO 2.0 SP3 does only read connections from "NWBC Admin Configuration" workspace if NWBC 5.0 is also installed on that machine. But SAP GUI connections should only be maintained in "Local" workspace.

2. there is no way selecting other workspaces in AO 2.0 (there is a dropdown box for it, but it is greyed out).

3. dumps occur in "structured view" of windows "Choose Datasource" at selecting the folders.

Regards

Daniel

Message was edited by: Daniel Klein Incident created

j_vandersterren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The new patch for Analysis for Office in 2.0 works fine now in combination with 'XMLSaplogon files'.

That's great news for us

But in the new patch we encounter an issue in CPM.

The CPM financial planning ribbon is missing. May be its better to post this in an discussion.

The initial problem is solved.

Regards,

Jos

dkle
Participant
0 Kudos

For the issue with workspaces in AO please refer to the new note 2185693 - Analyis Office only recognizes the first workspace element in SAPUILandscape.xml

But still no fix for the occuring exceptions (issue no. 3)

dkle
Participant
0 Kudos

The occuring exceptions in the "Choose DataSource" screen if using multiple workspaces will be fixed with AO 2.1 SP01 (AFAIK no ETA available, but it is in Rampup).

EDIT: I can confirm AO 2.1 SP01 fixed the above issue.

j_vandersterren
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks! We are looking forward to the release of this feature!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lutz,Jos van der Sterren,

this issue is solved with below note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2143709

please check below note for Delivery schedules

Subhash

dkle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata,

AO 2.0 SP03 did not fix the problem for me. Connections list in AO stays empty, even though the

SAPUILandscape.xml file could be found according to debug-log:

2015-05-19 09:40:28,080|INFO|Log.AoPlugin|?.?|VSTA_Main|Found SAP UI Landscape file: C:\Users\dkle\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\SAPUILandscape.xml

I am also getting an exception when trying to access connections via the "structured" view of AO.

Clicking on one of these folders will throw the exception ("Object reference not set to an instance...").

But via SAPLogon all connections are shown correctly.

Regards

Daniel

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel Klein,

does this happens only in your machine, could you check with other machine as well.

if you found that its working in other machine, relpace your files "SAPUILandscape.xml" & "SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml" with the other machine files

if you found this issue with all machines, i would suggest to open SAP incident

Subhash

dkle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

there is currently no other machine running/testing AO 2.0.

I won't test it on other machines, chances are high that they will become corrupt after "trying", too.

The Landscape.xml files should be fine because SAP Logon 740 PL02 can read them correctly.

And if Note 2143709 points out that it was AO 2.0's fault, it's probable that it's the case for this issue, too.

I openend a SAP Incident and will keep you updated.

Regards

Daniel

j_vandersterren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata/Daniel,

Yes please keep me informed as in our situation we are still working with a work around.

for your information. This work around is that we still use saplogon.ini. (which we manually update in notepad).

Not a very nice solution, so if you have solution it would be very nice if you could share this

Regards,

Jos.

dkle
Participant
0 Kudos
TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lutz - that is interesting; I have 740 GUI w/ NWBC 5.0 and no issues

What type of problems are you experiencing?

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

systems defined in SAP Logon are invisible in AO.

As my system is a fresh install of the complete GUI-7.40 package my system list is completely empty in AO. Systems defined in SAP Logon are not reflected in AO.

(Perhaps I should add that we do not use AO with a BO server. We use it as a pure Bex Analyzer replacement.)

0 Kudos

Hi Lutz,

Check reply from thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3686185.
He explained where Analysis for Office check for BW system.
In case of persists you can attach the LOG file for a deeper analysis.

Thanks,
Diego Ferrary

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

this leads me to the assumption that I am right and GUI7.40 with NWBC is not compatible with Analysis. Perhaps there might be a workaround by providing an additional saplogon.ini somehow but this would be a pain somwhere quite deep.

Since I need some kind of official statement on that I will open an incident.

Thanks,

Lutz

j_vandersterren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lutz,

We encounter the same problem.

We are using SAP logon based on XML.

When I open Analysis for Office, I can see a tree but I cannot logon to any of the SAP systems.

Did you solve the problem already?

Regards,

Jos.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you apply the latest patch - SP11 and see if you still experience issues?

j_vandersterren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

If you mean SAPlogon, we are on 740.1.2.1100

Regards,

Jos.

j_vandersterren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

After applying of SP11 we still encounter the same problem.

Regards,

Jos.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reading the note supplied by Subash it looks like this won't be fixed until 2.0 (if I am reading it correctly)

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2143709

A possible work around is to use OLAP connections on the BI Platform to connect Analysis Office - that should work, if you are using the BI Platform