cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing multiple 1000+ RSA6 datasources to a new transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I know how to capture the $tmp RSA6 datasources one at a time, but these 1000+ were saved as $tmp. Is there a way to capture them without having to do it one at a time?

Thanks,

G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I suggest to do it using t/code SE03 (Transport Organizer Tools). Here you choose Change Object Directory Entries.

Appropriate selections can be made on Object Type (R3TR RSDS), Package ($TMP) and anything else you think is useful.

Then you choose via the menu Select Subtree and after that via the menu Reassign.

This way you can reassign DataSources to a new Package collectively.

I think / hope that the transport prompt will only come once......

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can do it at SE03 as stated by Sander.

That is the only way to do at source side.

if your 1000 data sources were saved into $tmp then you can change  $tmp package to custom package.

If you need clear steps let us know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank you both for the reply, I did go to se03 originally and tried to do it there. However I wasableto gather the 1200 Datasources but then it said could not move from $TMP into another package. I may have done something wrong. I have added other objects to transports this way but they were from active requests.

Thanks,

George

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data sources won't move to cusotm package.

You will repalce $tmp with Custom package.

You need to select proper object type at SE03  R3TR RSDS-->click on change object directy entry, there you will see $TMP editable screen.

Have you created custom package?

Can you share screen shots which you done.

Mean while please search on google and find clear steps.

google search word as "changing the packages sap technical".

Thanks

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

In my opinion it should work as long as you are using an appropriate Package (transportable, connected to a transport layer).

If you have more than 1,000 DataSources, please do not forget to remove the restriction on number of objects (it's 1,000 I believe).

If you go to the menu, choose Select Subtree and after that via the menu Reassign, you should be able to change the Package for all DataSources in one go.

Please try it again.

Best regards,

Sander