cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Testing of Workflows

0 Kudos

Hi all,

we try to do automated testing of Workflows to ensure ongoing development does not break things.

On the ABAP side, we have ABAP OO and Unit Tests.

However, we are looking for ways to automatically test the complete flow for possible binding issues, conditional routes based on direct or indirect input (i.e. container variables, persistent data, etc.).

Does anyone of you have done something like this before?

What would be an efficient way to do this?

Best regards,

Frank.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at these standard development objects:

- task group 70000020 and package SWH:

- task group  56400001  and package WFUNIT 'Unittest für Workflow'

Looks like it is an attempt to implement automated testing for sap Workflow engine features in general. Probably it can be adopted to verify your particular workflows.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For syntax checks just use SWU7.

For testing the various business scenarios either use the transactions that trigger the various workflows or you can use SWUE to trigger various events for that purpose.

And then test it with SWIA, there you can force dialog items (execute as administrator).

Kind regards, Rob Dielema ns

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you can in theory build something based on the SAP_WAPI* function modules (sap_wapi_workitem_complete/sap_wapi_workitems_to_object/sap_wapi_get_wi_agents etc.), I don't think it will be simple but it should work.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a tool SWUD by SAP where you can test most of the workflow functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Till now , i haven't found anything for this requirement. You have to check for syntax error and that's it. After that , all the issues has to be manually searched or test the business scenarios.

Thanks

Rakesh