cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade SAP HANA Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to downgrade SAP HANA DB version from 1.92 to 1.85?

Regards,

Raj

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj Ry,

Note 2115815 - FAQ: SAP HANA Database Patches and Upgrades can answer your question and that is Not Support.

Part 3 in this note mentions:

3. Can a downgrade of the SAP HANA revision level be performed?

A downgrade of the SAP HANA server revision level is not supported.

If you still need to revert back to a previous SAP HANA server revision level and you don't want to lose changes you have performed on the new revision, you can do this via database export / import.

There might be other limitations depending on the application running on top of HANA, so please consider those limitations before you downgrade.

A downgrade of the SAP HANA client can be performed as described in SAP Note 2045500.

Regards,

Tong Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ning,

Thanks for reply. Will check notes.

Our HANA system got into a weird situation. HANA system is on Rev 1.83 and upgraded to rev 1.92 from studio version 1.74 using hana lifecycle manager [which is not supported after 1.85]

HANA DB, client & AFL components installed successfully but studio didn't.

I don't believe upgrade went correctly for sure.

Can you suggest how do we need to proceed further

Regards,

Raj

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Maybe it is not strange...

I quote some words from SAP HANA Update and Configuration Guide SPS 07 (begin with SPS 08, this guide does not exist)

Keep in mind that the HLM engine updates the SAP HANA studio repository (update site), not the SAP HANA studio itself. More information about how to update the SAP HANA studio itself is provided at the end of the SAP HANA system update procedure.

I updated HDB from rev.73 to rev.74, the DB, client and AFL also updated to rev. 74. But the studio located on HANA server do not got updated whose version remained 73.

Next time, please consider to use hdblcm to do the update.

Regards,

Ning Tong

Former Member
0 Kudos

But even I feel system is unstable after upgrade.

In the below screen I have higlighted components installed and hana plm it doesn't detect them

Regards,

Raj

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

If this is the case, then open a incident to SAP AGS. Let SAP Support to analyze the case.

Regards,

Ning Tong