cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the server folder path of a deployed Crystal report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to grab/display on a crystal report the folder where it is deployed on the enterprise server ? I tried using the predefined Object  "File Path and Name"  or predefined function "filename" but both gives me the file server location eg.,  e:\CrystalReportsProcessingServer\...\docfile_83884d52d0626fc.tmp rather than the folder structure visible on the enterprise server.  Please see attached of what I am trying to grab . Thi is taken from schedule history, I highly suspect (and hope) that there must be a way that this info can be included on the report.

Please advise. Thanks

Kind regards

Ely

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ely,

There isn't a way to do this at the moment however, please do Vote for this Idea and hopefully, depending on the number of votes, the Product Group might be tempted to look into this!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abilash. I would  definitely like to vote for this but can't seem to see the link where to place the vote.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please click on the 'this Idea' text in blue from my previous post - that is the hyperlink to the Idea.

-Abhilash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Ely,

Couple of questions...

Are you using a SDK to get this info and why do you need it?

May be another way to do it.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don

I'm using SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise Version 14.1

The feature  I am asking about would be helpful if it can be placed in the footer of the
report. It would be highly useful once the reports  are deployed to the server. For instance, a report user may have some issues on a particular report, and if the report they are running shows the path where it is located, it helps in speeding up trying to locate the report, especially when there's hundreds of reports deployed on the server.

Kind regards

Ely

0 Kudos

Hi Ely,

No need to request it in Idea Place, R&D will not add it to the report object because there is no way to edit the report after it's been published to save the location in the FRS folder structure into the RPT file.

The location the report is saved in the CMS and is for internal use by the CMS. Ask the Administrator to find it, he should be able to browse the users folder and find the info. You don't want anyone access it for security reasons.

You should not access the FRS location of the reports directly, the CMS needs to manage them ONLY.

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, it does show the actual FRS file location, which is not very helpful.  The problem is that it doesn't show the location within the folder structure that appears in the CMC or BI Launchpad.

-Dell

former_member477249
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ely,

If you have auditing enabled in the Business Objects Enterprise(BOE) CMC, then this information can be fetched by creating a Crystal Report against the audit universe. I think object_folder_path column holds the BOE folder structure.

-Prathamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prathamesh, I don't think we have auditing enabled. Also sounds like a costly search to find the path name. Thought there was a more straightforward way to getting the path eg just a property of the report that you can fetch via function.