cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow hanging due to specific task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a HCM Workflow for termination, where we use the following standard tasks for checking and saving form (FPM Form) data:

Check Form Data: TS33700033

Save Form Data: TS33700034

The workflow works well till it arrives Check form task. There is hangs and stays in "In Process" state.

Then after sometime, it appears in SWPC and when we do  "Continue Workflow" on the Workitem, it gets completed.

Every instance of workflow behaves like this.

I have checked bindings and other settings; all are fine.

I don't understand why every time the workflow crashes / hangs!!

I tried removing the Check Form task, but then, it hangs in "Save Form" task!

Any particular reason(s) of getting the tasks to SWPC??

Regards,

Narsingh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks all for your valuable helps.

I could figure out the problem myself.

We had a task which was trying to update some infotype (in my case 0019), adjacent to this save / check task.

This was causing a problem. Because, the system was taking some time to complete the updates.

We introduced a deadline monitoring for the "Check form" task (Requested start of 5 minutes) and this solved our problem

Thanks.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For fixing issues related to locking of objects, etc. you can raise an exception from the method of type temporary. Then the system will, depending on the frequency of job SWERRE, try to execute the method again.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Rob's approach is better. What will you do if it's delayed by 6 minutes one day?

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Could you please elaborate more on how to do this?

Lets say in my case, We are currently delaying the "Check Form " task by 5 minutes to create a delay to allow the "infotype 019 update task" to complete.

Could you let me know how to incorporate your idea in my case?

Regards,

Narsingh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check ST22 to see if there are short dumps., also check the frequency of bg job swerre. if the workitem is in temporary error but someone scheduled the bg job every half hour then it will take some time to continue the flow. Preferrably set it it every 3 or 5 minutes.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

workflows that hang in "in process" state usually indicates a dump, but if it appears after some time it's probably not the case but I would check ST22 just to make sure.

HCM standard workflows usually work by the the UWL/MSS it's possible that the tasks is only accessible form there try approving the form using the UWL/MSS.