Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BusinessObjects 4.x - CTS+ Integration

former_member189724
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have our BI systems installed with tomcat.

For the CTS+ configuration we need a SAP Netweaver JAVA system. We decide to use a new AS JAVA 7.3 for testing.

Which usage types musst be installed on this JAVA system?

And the second questions ist which BI 4.x component musst be deployed on the AS JAVA?

I found in one link, that we musst only deploy the LCM component, is this correct?

Regards Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189724
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi togheter

With the document 'How to Configure LCM for CTS.pdf' i could configure the cts+.

It is working fine.

I have still one problem. I create a test Crystal Report 2013, this report has as backend system BW System T17.

Now I transport this report to the BI productive system. But the backend information has not changed to the productive BW system T24.

Is this normal, or is there instructions how to configure it?

Normaly we use the override settings, if we transport over the BusinessObjects.

Regards Stefan

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to have overrides in-place for connection to change.
So this is normal.

former_member189724
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

Thanks for your quick anser.

It is a pity that this is not possible with the same configuration.

Since the effort is in turn greater than when it is transported directly to Business Objects.

Rgards Stefan

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Personally I never saw any reason to integrate with CTS+ as there are more steps in promotion process with it, compared to simple LCM system to system even in basic scenarios. Plus you really have to know the CTS+ and have it already working or have CTS+ Admin know LCM/BI Platform which is usually not happening .

Regards,

Denis

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You had to configure SSO on BO BI:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Setup+of+SAP+SSO+Service+in+SAP+BO+BI4.0+CMC

and SAP Authentication:

BI4 Integration into the SAP Entreprise Portal 7.0.x - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN...

Once that was done, and the CTS+ configuration done, you are able to promote via CTS+

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member189724
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan

Thanks for your answer. But this was not my question.

Our BusinessObjects running complete on one server. The web server is apache tomcat (standard).

For CTS+ we need an additional Netweaver AS JAVA Server. On this server we create the rfc destination to BW system.

My question is what are the initial usage types that i musst install on the NW JAVA system?

Regards Stefan