cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment block defaulting to D in vendor master

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a vendor master where in the initial payment block was "D" and when I try to remove the payment block and save, it gets saved,but when the vendor master is opened, pyament block D is defaulted again.

In other words, every time I remove the payment block in vendor master, it is saved with blank payment block but whenI reopen the vendor, payment block D is  getting defaulted.There are no open items to the vendor.

Below attached is the chagne log of the vendor master.

Best regards,

Prakash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

1. Payment method and payment block is derived from payment terms in OBB8 instead of vendor master. You can keep blank space (free for payment) and tick the check box for default. However this will not show up change log in XK02.

2. Also go to table LFB1-ZAHLS and find F1 help to read about the block key for payment. Note that a block key that was set in the master record does not have any effect on manual payments'.

3. Please read sap note 177224 to know more about it.

Regards,

Unnivelan

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anantha Prakash Thalabatthula

Pl find out the payment term (if any) for that particular vendor. If yes, please go to OBB8 and check the settings of the payment term.

Check if a payment block was specified in the payment term.

Also if Tick mark is specified beside block key (in payment method), pl untick it.

The tick beside the payment block will transfer payment block when changing terms of payment. It controls whether the payment block is transferred if the terms of payment key is changed in an invoice item. If the indicator is set, the payment block is transferred from the terms of payment when the item is first entered and when the terms of payment key is changed. If the indicator is not set, the payment block is only transferred from the terms of payment when the item is first entered.

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I have checked the payment terms in the vendor master and there are no check boxes ticked related to payment block in it.

Any other possible solution?

Best regards,

Prakash.

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anantha,

go to OMRH and check if you have a block due amount check.

In transaction OMR6 you can the tolerance limits definitions.

If above definition are defined I suggest you align this process in procurement.

regards

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the payment terms maintained in the vendor master, whether this payment terms has defined default the payment block in the configuration of OBB8.

Regards,

Mukthar

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prakash,

Check the existing substitution rules by OBBH - Line items.

This rule definitions could not be done in simple way. It´s recommended develop a user exit in order to allow initial value in this field. Otherwise you can never setup other value.

regards