cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impacts if Logistic movements are not aligned with sales process

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

currently in my company, OTB process is managed in an local system (different to SAP) and MM & FI is now working in SAP.

In the current flow, when an order is allocated in this local system, order, delivery & good issue information is sent on time to SAP for stock management, and billing information is sent to SAP to generate related FI documents.

Next project is to Price & Bill in SAP, remaining the order to delivery process in the local system. My idea is to generate the full process in SAP (order, valuation, delivery, good issue, pod & billing). Other people propose to generate an order-billing flow without delivery (being stock updated in the same way that is done currently). That will mean duplicated orders and stock management not linked to real order & billing documents.

To me, it seems not to be a good idea, but I need some help to determine possible impacts now or in the future.

Could you help me to find this impacts (if exists)?

Thank you very much for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any special purpose of not being using SAP For deliveries?

Are you managing stock in your External system ( local system) ?

If delivery (PGi) not posted then obviously there would be stock and valuation discrepancies with your External system to SAP

in order to reduce such discrepancies you should talk to business and convince them to post virtual deliveries to match stock between your external system and SAP , you can use some Text fields to match SAP Documents to External documents

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you vemuri for your response,

SAP is not used to manage deliveries because this part of the process is managed by an external company (with our stock). Production and Plants are managed at SAP.

What they are proposing is  to send PGI but not inside the sales flow, althought as independient process, so stock would be aligned (real stock) but not associated to the sales flow.

Thank you!