cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master transfer from ECC to GTS question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When transferring material master from ECC to GTS, we noticed that material master should have a plant vue created otherwise it is not replicated.

When master data department create material master only with BD vues, replication job doesn't transfer it (based on RBDMIDOC) to GTS. I tried a manual replication (/SAPSLL/MATMAS_DIRR3) and no data is selected. SLG1 in SAP doesn't give any protocol.

But as soon as, a plant level view is created, the transfer is working. My question is, is it a standard behaviour of GTS or this is related to a point of customizing ?

I didn't find any information about this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards

Soumeya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumeya,

I can't see any reason why a Plant view should be needed, either for manual or Change Pointer replication.

On the other hand, I can't think of a reason to replicate Materials to GTS that don't have a Plant view.  Which GTS processes should be carried out for such Materials?

Regards,

Dave

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soumeya

Can we use Default data procedure to replicate the fields from Feeder system to GTS. I am not sure weather it is possible or not to pull the data and fields from a complete Tabpage to GTS system. , But we have the default fields from ECC to GTS in Default Data Procedure process in Customs Mgt.

Please let me know if I am wrong

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Thanks for answer. You are right i can't see any reason too why plant view is necessary. It is the reason why we was surprised.

Concerning the needed process, material master are created by data management department with only BD views. Than a workflow (external to SAP) informs others departments, in order to complete the master data with other views. It is also replicated in GTS to let customs department performs classification. But when they receive workflow notification, they didn't find any corresponding product in GTS if no plant view is created yet. It is what we noticed after investigation and testing, and i didn't find any place where this is specified.

So, i want to know if anyone else notice such behaviour and if it is a standard one. In this case, we have to change the workflow. Otherwise, can you give some advices where to investigate ?

thanks again for help.

Soumeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

Thanks for answering.

Honestly, i didn't get your suggestion. Can you explain more please ?

Thanks in advance.

Soumeya.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumeya,

Thanks for that explanation.

Just for interest, I set up an example in a test landscape.  I created a Material with only the Basic Data view(s), including MARM and MAKT, but not MARC.  The Material transferred ok to GTS.

My advice would be to check the user-exits and BAdI, to make sure that no strange code is running during the transfer operation.  Your developer should be able to find those points quite easily.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for this feedback and the test you did. It helps a lot.

Now i know where to search.

Soumeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dave,

Just to inform you that you was right. There is a user exit involved into the replication which causes this issue.

Thanks for help.

Regards

Soumeya

Answers (0)