cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report of Characteristics Value for Multiple Materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Techies,

We have a 300 Class type which is assigned to the Material Master Classification view and have values assigned to the Materials. Now I would like to retrieve a report of a Characteristics Value for my required selection of Materials (Nearly 20 Materials). Is there any report where we can retrieve the Report of the Characteristics value for these required 20 Materials.

Please provide your inputs.

Thank you.

S.G.Kris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor

Hi Gopalakrishnan,

I think you can use the transaction code CL30N (Find objects in classes): just input the class name and type, get the characteristics of that class, then select the object type that refers to materials (menù Extras - Restrict object types. In my system, object type is Wrk-Plant).

Press 'Find in initial class' button.

The report shall retrieve a list of materials using that class, then click the 'Change Layout' icon and select the characteristics whose values you want to display.

Hope this could be of any help.

thank you and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio,

Greetings!!!

Thanks for your reply. But our requirement is exactly opposite to CL30N. In CL30N, we retrieve the report of all the materials with a Specific value for a Characteristics.

But in our requirement we have 50 Materials. We want to know what is the Value assigned to a specific Characteristics in the Material Master for these 50 Materials.

So we are trying to identify a Report which could help us with this requirement

Thank you.

Regards,

Kris.S

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kris.S,

Thank you for your message and greetings to you too.

I believe that CL30N can be used in both directions, let’s try with an example, taken from my Dev system:

Say we have a characteristic for the type of packing (PACK_PACKAGING_TYPE), used in the Class PACK (type 300), so let’s run CL30N:

and getting this:

Now, run the transaction pressing the ‘Find in intial class’ button, getting the list of all materials using that class:

Now, press the icon ‘Change Layout’, select the characteristic from right side and transfer it to the left, so that it will be displayed:

Just transfer the selection and here it is:

That is, we have the specific characteristic value assigned for those materials using it.

I hope this could help.

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio,

Greetings!!!

Thanks for your reply and support. Yes this workaround will help us to extract the report of the Materials with the required values.

Regards,

Kris.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello

The following wiki provides the source code of a report to read the classification from several materials:

Fetch material Classifications and characteristics - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

Regards

Caetano