cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer between GUIBB using events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

At the moment I'm trying to pass data between GUIBBs by using the events and setting the data to the event data.

In detail: I do have 3 GUIBBs a search, a list and a chart (in fact only two as the list is configured inside the search). After searching I would like to add the data to the event in IF_FPM_GUIBB_LIST~GET_DATA with IV_EVENTID->mo_event_data->set_value and read the data in IF_FPM_GUIBB_CHART~GET_DATA with IO_EVENT->mo_event_data->get_value as this seems to be the most pragmatic way to show results in the chart instead of using wiring. The problem I have is that the get_data methods are not called in the order the GUIBB are configured. Instead of top-down SEARCH->LIST->CHART the order is bottom up CHART->LIST->SEARCH. Is that the correct behaviour? And if yes how can the wiring option work then as I have no chance to read the data for the chart as the extraction is done after I can read the data into the chart feeder class.

The version is SAP_ABA 740 SP9

Thanks and Best Regards

Gerd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerd,

without wiring you do not have control on the sequence of UIBB processing in PBO. What you however could do is setting the data in PROCESS_EVENT and getting in GET_DATA - this order is guaranteed. If your chart just visualizes the data of the list content which is defined by the search criteria, it might be better to use the search UIBB as source, i.e.

Search: Set criteria in PROCESS_EVENT,

List and Chart: Consume criteria in GET_DATA.

This works.

Regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

thanks for clarification. I've read in a blog that the the call sequence is the same as the order in configuration. I already did as you proposed and yes this works.

Regards

Gerd

Answers (0)