cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restrict manual posting through FI to GLs which are integrated with MM/PM module

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating Purchase requisition through Tcode ME51N, GL 400010 get automatically picked as per the customization in OBYC. To avoid manual entries in GL 400010 directly through Finance posting, in GL 400010 master we ticked the option “Post automatically only”. Before this tick , Purchase requisition and purchase order were created properly and after this tick , system is giving the error at the time of creation of purchase requisition as “No direct postings can be made to GL acct.400010 in co code 2005”.

As per business requirement , manual posting to GL 400010 through Finance module should be restricted and direct posting should be done through Material management and plant maintenance module only.

please how to restrict manual posting to these GLs which are integrated with MM/PM module.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjusha,

Are you creating service PO, if yes, then at the time of creating a PO system would default or ask for GL account and this GL should not have selected the check box "Post automatically only". Otherwise system will throw above error message. If you are creating a normal PO, at the time of it should have selected the post automatically check box.

However, if you want to use the GL account for MM posting and the GL account is using for creation of service PO and those case you can define a validation in GGB0 for restrict FI posting. You have to define a validation as mentioned below at complete document level.

Prerequisite : BKPF-BUKRS = XXXX AND BKPF-AWTYP = BKPF

Check : HKONT = XXXXXX

After define the validation and assign to your company code in OB28.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar sirji,

while creating above validation through GGB0 at complete document level following error is occurred pls guide us how to resolve it.

first created prerequisite as below-

Prerequisite : BKPF-BUKRS = XXXX AND BKPF-AWTYP = BKPF

But while creating Check point -

Check : BSEG-HKONT = xxxx

it is giving error as below -

You cannot select the element here

Message no. SFB507

Diagnosis

You have attempted to select an operand that is not allowed, from a syntax viewpoint, at this point. Only operands that are shown highlighted may be selected at this point.

Procedure

Select an appropriate operand by double-clicking on it.

AS The option HKONT is not highlighted here above error is occurred.

Please guide how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance....

Regards

Manjusha

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjusha,

In check first enter BSEG-HKONT, after that click on '=', then click on constant, here you have to input GL account no. After that define message as error.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar Sirji,

while inserting table field as BSEG-HKONT in check , it is showing the error as below -

you cannot select the element here.

The BSEG-HKONT is not highlighted here so error is occurred.

so my question is how to highlight it so that i can select in check.

Thanks in advance

Regards, Manjusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

In pre-requisite you have given,

Prerequisite : BKPF-BUKRS = XXXX AND BKPF-AWTYP = BKPF.  Here you have suggested to use BKPF table instead of some specific field. Bit confused here.  May I know why?  Can you please explain to me to understand better?

Thanks,

Balaji Bharath N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji Sir,

in prerequisite BKPF-AWTYP is for "reference transaction" and AWTYP=BKPF means BKPF field which is one of the reference transaction which is used for fi posting and BKPF table.

this is my understanding.. if i am incorrect please rectify the same..

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try writing the same validation at line item level. I believe it should work. Also add, AWTYP as BKPFF in addtion to BKPF

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjusha,

Please try this,

Pre-requisite:

BKPF-BUKRS = 'XXXX' AND (BKPF-TCODE = 'F-02' OR BKPF-TCODE = 'FB50 OR BKPF-TCODE = WHATEVER MANUAL POSTINGS............... SO ON.)

Check:

BSEG-HKONT = 'XXXXXX'

This GL should be used only for direct postings

Message type: E(error)

Try this and let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Balaji Bharath. N

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

What ever transactions posted in FI for the GL account, which will update with BKPF as reference transaction. Instead of defining transaction codes in the validation, I have referred the above field.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjusha,

You are understanding is correct. Have you defined the validation?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar sirji,

i am not able to create validation mentioned above. Only prerequisite is created and no check possible to define as BSEG-HKONT field is not highlighted here.so please guide how to do that. Can it is possible to highlight any field which is not highlighted while defining validation in check?

Thanks in advance........

Regards,

Manjusha

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjusha,

I think you are creating a validation at complete document level. Try to create at line item level.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mukthar sirji,

I have tried validation at Line item level but its not working.

Regards,

Manjusha

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjusha,

Activate trace in the validation and do posting for it. Here you can find where you did mistake. If possible, share screen shot of the trace.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

i hv created  validation and from validation trace following things are found.

1. BKPF-AWTYP value not fetched.

2. Document line item contains two GLs- 400010 & 123060 but in validation GL of second line item get fetched.

For your information document is attached herewith.

Is it reference transaction type "BKPF" not selected at the time of validation?

Regards,

Manjusha

Document entry

Trace result of Validation Step 015

Validation maintained as below -

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjusha,

Try to change the validation as mentioned below screen shot. I have tested and it is working fine.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muktharji Sir,

Thanks for your reply...its working fine.. and issue resolved...

Thanks very much to all ..........

Regards,

Manjusha

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the OSS note 37563 - ME21 ME51 EME038: No direct postings can be made , you have to maintain the 'Automatic posting only' as ' ' (blank), only then you can use the G/L account for account assigned Purchasing Document.

The KBA 1929929 - PO error ME038 with GL account marked for automatic posting explains the possible solution.

My opinion you should accept the system design. Else, you can try some exit or validation.