Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we connect to another server?

former_member190726
Participant
0 Kudos

hi, while creating table maintenance generator i want to connect to another server how to achieve this ?

thanks in advance

Regards

Reddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the table is already there and if you want the entries to be transported to different system, you can use the recording routines(radio button option provided while creating table maintenance).

But please do check with basis whether the systems are connected so that whatever you create in source system will get transported to another system via trasnport.

8 REPLIES 8

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what you mean, another server,

do you mean, Another SAP ( with another client ) ,

can you explain please?

0 Kudos

yes ibrahim.

0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

what do you want to get from other server when create TMG?

regards,

Archer

0 Kudos

Hi Zhang,

i want to update data in another server too means when i am creating entries in one server , want update another server too..can we connect or not if yes how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be achieved by:

1. Create an RFC function that connect to other server.

2. In your table maintenance screen, create your customized code to retrieve/load your data and put in your RFC function.

Good luck.

0 Kudos

Hi Kok,

in TMG screen where exactly we can give RFC name??

0 Kudos

Hi,

What i meant is, customize your table maintenance screen so that it can trigger your RFC function.

For more details about customized table maintenance, please refer to

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2082425f-416b-2d10-25a3-85b8b6c53...

page 9 onward.

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the table is already there and if you want the entries to be transported to different system, you can use the recording routines(radio button option provided while creating table maintenance).

But please do check with basis whether the systems are connected so that whatever you create in source system will get transported to another system via trasnport.