cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed base (iBase) functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am currently working in a roll-out project where the below scenario using installed base. As of now, I am not allowed to access their system due to various reasons. So, I am here to ask help on any details about this functionality and what is needed to implement the same?

In Germany, a customer has grouped equipments under a process loop in one installed base and generating reports to see all equipments due for periodic maintenance. Also, such grouping is also giving them a structure similar to a functional location structure in PM but, helps them to identify equipments which are connected functionally and thereby if some breakdown occurs they get to know all the equipments impacted under it.

To me this seems to be a very useful functionality for PM. They said they use SAP CRM for this.

Can someone shed light on the ibase functionality? Can the business scenario be met without installing SAP CRM?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswara ,

Installed Base and PM Functional locations have same functionality. The only different is Installed Base in created specific to Customer master for example, if a particular customer is having some Equipment which were installed at his Location, which represents in SAP as Installed Base ( basically Large Equipment base with serial number)

A classic example could be few power trains with few subcomponents is sold to a customer, during selling Company might have installed these power trains in different locations of Customer and there is a breakdown happens to one of the subcomponent where it would be difficult for your technician to trace the place where it was located. So using Installed Base we can easily identify the address and location of Equipment

With appropriate settings, Installed Base can be easily triggered during the Notification Creation by just entering Equipment  provided if you have assigned this Equipment in IB51/IB52 (installed Base)

In a nutshell, Installed Base is most widely used in SAP Customer service and CRM

thanks

santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkateswara,

Responses with realtime experience in this field would be beneficial for you for understanding or conversing about your queries. Let's hope you get some such responses. In the meanwhile you may go through this link which seems to be having some basic concepts about iBase.

Also you might need to query this in CRM space as well. Have a look at this document too in CRM space. SAP CRM - IBASE

KJogeswaraRao