cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process chain question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to give my user access to run only 2 process chains. This user works in operations and can not wait for us to execute those process chains. Can some body please tell me the roles that we will need to run these process chains. I don't want to give him exposure to all the process chains.  Only two of his process chains.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

There won't be an out-of-the-box PFCG role for such a requirement but why not create your own tailor-made one. You will have to include Authorization Object S_RS_PC with the following settings:

• Activity: 03 (display), 16 (execute), possibly 23 (maintain) to change the scheduling
  • Application Component: enter here the Application Component where in RSPC the Process Chains are assigned to
  • Process Chain: you can further restrict here the respective Process Chains
  • Subobject for the Process Chain: you can restrict here to Metadata, Logs and Execution or give here full authorization

I don't know which other authorizations the users already have but you could have to add other Authorization Objects as well. A few which pop up in my mind:

• S_TCODE (Transaction Code RSPC or RSPC1)
  • S_RS_DTP (full authorization or restrict it if necessary)

You might have to fine-tune it further using an Authorization Trace (t/code ST01) and/or let the user run t/code SU53 after insufficient authorization messages.

Best regards,
Sander

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you see this Authorization in SAP NW BI - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wiki ?

That should help you while creating the role.

Regards, Leszek