Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Work Manager 5.3 customizations in 6.2

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam upgrading from work manager 5.3 to 6.2.Please suggest how can i migrate all the customizations from 5.3 to 6.2.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

There is no magic way to do this.  Many changes have been made since 5.3.  You can do a compare in Eclipse to import custom rules, actions, transactions, screens, globals, etc... from your old app into the new one.  You will probably need to make screen modifications by hand since screen names, field positions, etc... may have changed on the existing screens.  I would recommend identifying all the main customizations done to the old app. and trying to come up with a written plan to implement them one at a time using compare and manual changes in the new editor, visually checking the old editor as you do this.  Then unit test individual pieces of functionality one at a time before moving on to the next change.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the valuable inputs.Please suggest how to carry forward the java and ABAP customization,when i have checked the java source code has been changed to a large extent.Some methods have been deprecated.There are some custom logic implemented in the deprecated methods in our application.The only way we found is to debug the java code to identify the correct method for implementing the custom logic. When it comes to ABAP the name spaces have been changed.

Please suggest if I am wrong.Kindly provide an over view of how to handle middle ware(JAVA) and ABAP customization's.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu