Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection timed out during maintaining a loop

guenter_schepers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i have a Problem maintaining a Loop. We are on a ECC 6 ERP System/ EhP 7. The Loop contains several conditions. During changing a condition the System crashes with a "Connection timed out"  error.

Can someone please give me a hint where the Problem is located and what i can do to avoid it?

Kind regards

Günter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the SP level of your basis? For 7.31, you should have at least 12 I guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Sorry to inter pt the blog...

i have below query regarding DSM lanscape.

How many system can we have for DSM in landscape,

Is it OK if we have only one Dsm system or do we need DSM Development and production systems.

Please help me.

raj.

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In future you should put such a question into another forum post.

You may set up the landscape as you like, means with one DSM box or with two or any number. There is also no limitation concerning the number of managed systems.

Generally my recommendation is to not use the same client for DSM and managed system, although this is technically possible. So you may run DSM from client 200 and the managed system is client 300.

Having 2 separate instances of DSM has some advantages. You may use one DSM insance for testing with very basic authorization checks (e.g. no deployment into the productive managed systems). The other DSM instance is used for productive deployment. There you may set up your test cases, approval workflows etc.

From the dev DSM you may have a transport to the productive DSM. This is rather not the recommended approach as transports are generally a rather slow business. Instead you can also connect from your productive DSM to your dev DSM or any managed system that has the rules you like to get into your productive landscape. Connecting allows you to import the rules. Afterwards you can deploy from the prouctive DSM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you for the reply.

Could you please help me with SAP documentation or any standard link for the same.

Br,
raj

guenter_schepers
Explorer
0 Kudos

curious stuff - i changed the condition in between and when i now switch it back to the former shape i have no Problems

I will come back to you with some Screen shots as soon as the Problem appears again

guenter_schepers
Explorer
0 Kudos

just one question. Is it normal that the System Needs somethin around 10 sec to openor Close a condition?

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not normal. Maybe a buffering or resource shortage issue?

Do it a couple of times and check if runtimes go down.

guenter_schepers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

now i have an even bigger Problem. I can't open the workbench at all! I get the "connection" message after starting the workbench via "BRF+". I was working within the BRF the whole morning - with Performance issues - and when i came back from lunch i couldn't work anymore.

The Problem seems to be related to my account as other colleagues can open the workbench and i can see there my objects.

We are on 7.4 Basis with SP 5. Do you have any idea what happened and what i can do to use the workbench again?

Gratefull for any help

Günter Schepers

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Günter, I am sorry. I have no idea.

Looks like a system flaw, probably not even something in BRFplus but at a lower level.

guenter_schepers
Explorer
0 Kudos

ok, no Problem. I open a ticket in the Service market place - hoping that they find the reason

guenter_schepers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

the answer to my problem was the DDIC-binding. I used a SAP standard DDIC-data element to create a BRF*-element. So far so good. BUT this SAP data lement has a "proof"-table (checktable?) with hundreds/ thousand of valid entries. And this causes the problem as BRF+ checks values in the BRF*-tables against this SAP data element check table. Due to the amount of data in this checktable the application runs into a connection time out. The solution was easy - just take another DDIC element which has no checktable or even a smaller one.

Hope this reduces the one or other heard attack

Günter

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is new to me. Therefore, I want to ask you for a message so that someone from the support team can take a look. Thanks.