cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset LCM database from BI 4.1 Support Pack 3 onwards?

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our current SAP BI platform (4.1 SP4)  is not able to scan properly the connections in promotion management (Override settings) (Scan failure message). I would like to reset the LCM database and recreate it again to get rid of all problems but as far as I knwon From BI platform 4.1 SP3, the Derby database is replaced with information stored in the repository, therefore procedure mentioned in the KBA

1801682 - How to reset the "LCM Overrides database" in BI 4.0

is no longer valid.

Thefore my first question is: does it exist a mechanism to reset the LCM database when using 4.1 SP3/SP4/SP5? I have reviewed the adming guide but I haven't been able to find it.

Second question is:

I have checked that the folder used to store Derby Database seems to be still on use

<installation directory>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\LCM

Does it means that my system is still using the LCM Derby database?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

A bit of reserarch has provided the answer on this superb article

Identify problematic overrides with Razor SQL and fix or reset database

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, this link is not the final solution. It does explains how to remove override entries in the database, but I would need to delete/recreate it completely as every time that I try to scan the origin following error appears (see attached pic). KBA 1752843 mentions a similar isse and the suggested solution is to reset LCM override database......

FJPD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alfons,

In the Article above "Identify problematic overrides with Razor SQL and fix or reset database",

you find the "Troubleshooting Scenario", Promotion Management Problems:

(9) Corruption in the 'Promotion Management Overrides' database causing overrides not to be applied.

That includes the Article you mention (for pre-4.1 SP03) and our colleagues have posted recently what you where looking for, the solution applicable to BI4.1 SP3 onwards.

Since the CMS DB now includes the OverridesDB, RazorSQL is not used anymore, instead you can follow the Article for the solution for 4.1 SP03 onwards here:

Promotion Management Problems - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Javier