cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 7.30 tc/ddic/runtime/facade USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDIFENED

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Day,

Was wondering if anyone can help me please. We created a new 7.3 track in order to upgrade, however now we have alot of broken DC's in the new 7.3 track. All of it seems to stem from tc/ddic/runtime/facade. In the CBS under vaild usage section it shows that tc/ddic/runtime/facade is broken with the following reason USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED. Has anyone faced this before and how do i fix this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please check the right SCs for development in 7.3, for this please go through the below SAP Note 1457908.

Thanks,

Hamendra

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Thanks for your help. I have a follow up question, so we created the track added the dependancies but now but still getting the same error. One thing to note is that in Netweaver, Component Browser perspective it shows that there are no SC's in FRAMEWORK and FRAMEWORK-EXT. Any idea's on how to fix this, whats wrong or is that correct?

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did you please check in CBS and if FRAMEWORK-EXT SCA file is only having the problem then pleae download it again and Check In and import again and then again recheck the CBS.

Please also go through the below discussion of the same nature problem. You will get the detail information.

Could you please share if it is not helping.

Thanks,

Hamendra

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Our basis guys busy re-downloading the problem DC's. Will keep you in the loop as to how that goes.

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Thank you for all your help on this. You suggested solution fix our issues.

Another question, do you perhaps have a link to some netweaver 7.3 documentation (how to configure, setup DC's and build and deploy)? 

I created a new develpment configuration for the new track in netweaver 7.3, and checked out isa/web/b2c and home/shr/ext. But now every single jsp is in error as it cannot resolve any of its import files are java classes. Should i just have NWDS ignore jsp errors or is this a legitimate issue?

The other issue i have is that the Deploy option is grey'ed out and i cannot seem to figure out how to setup my J2EE engine.

Would really appreciate any help you can provide on this.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

In NWDS, go to Window and click on Preferences and one window will open and then select SAP J2EE Engine.

Here, you have to pass the value of Message Server Host & Message Server Port.

For documentation, please specify which of the Web Channel you are using  (Struts (Old One) or JSF).

As you are getting error in your files, in this you have to find out the missing DCs and and those.

Thanks,

Hamendra

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

I tried doing what you said but there is no option in Netweaver 7.30 for SAP J2EE Engine.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please try the below

You find it at "Window -- Preferences -- General -- Network Connections".

Thanks,

Hamendra

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it is not there either.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please try

Windows - Preferences - SAP AS Java and now click on Add button

Thanks,

Hamendra

michaeljacobs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

All Sorted out now. A HUGE thank you for all the help support on this.

Answers (0)