cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server6.40/maxDB7.8 TO Content Server6.50/maxDb7.9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We are running content server 6.40 on MaxDB 7.8 database and as per sap Content server 6.40 is going out of maintenance very soon. We are in the process of upgrade our content server to 6.50 along with MaxDB to 7.9. We have release note:514500  for upgrade the content Server 6.50 by replacing the 6.40 modules. But I am looking for SAP Best practice Document for combined upgrade from Content Server6.40/maxDB7.8 TO Content Server6.50/maxDb7.9 on Linux platform. If you have any SAP Documents on this please share. Regards Janakiram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Janakiram,

We do not have any such document available.

You can refer to the note 1983930 for more details.

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha, I have seen this note ,it only talks about replacing the Content Server 6.50 module. I am planning to perform the content server/MaxDB upgrade as below. as per the  SAP Note:1983930  1.Replace the content Server 6.40 modules with 6.50 and bring up the web server and check all functionality working as earlier on current maxDB 7.8 Database. 2.Perform the MaxDB Upgrade to 7.9 from 7.8 Your inputs will be help here. Regards Janakiram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Janakiram,

In the note 1983930 a reference to report RSIRPIRL is given as well which can be used for migration of content server.

If you are using a heterogeneous migration(windos-linux or viceversa) recommended is RSIRPIRL.

Else if it is the same OS then you can follow the approach which you have mentioned.

Best Regards,

Sneha