Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing the optimum solution for enhancing SAP standard

former_member215563
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have been going through a lot of blogs/study materials of late ,to understand the various concepts of enhancements.

I have understood , how to implement the various forms of enhancements  however, I'm more keen on understanding

which one to choose in which situation for e.g. I can enhance a user exit by using an implicit enhancement or else I

can also call a BADI from the user exit to trigger the desired logic but in terms of providing a better solution which one would be

a better option to choose?

Similarly, we also now have the option of using the advanced switch framework.

I do realize that there's no hard and fast rule to choose between them but still wanted to know if anyone could throw some

light on how to approach with a particular design solution while enhancing a standard SAP program.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Faiz

2 REPLIES 2

VijayaKrishnaG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizur,

As you mentioned in the query, there's no hand and fast to choose how to enhance. Really that depends on requirement, functional area and your awareness.

For the SALES transactions we have many USER EXITS which can be implemented by Implicit Enhancements. In HR/HCM we have many CUSTOMER EXITS depending on the Infotypes.

In the situations like there is possibility of  implementing BADI or CUSTOMER EXIT, you can go with the Enhancement technique with which you are comfortable. But if we compare with procedure oriented programming and Object oriented programming, we need to choose BADI as that we will be done by CLASSES.

And when we are enhancing with IMPLICIT ENHANCEMENT we should be careful and a sure the spot has provided for user/customer purpose. Otherwise there may be effect in the time of up-gradation of SAP SYSTEM.

Which I have written above is all as of my knowledge and experience only.

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Faizur,

Its true there ain't any hard and fast rules for using enhancement framework,

But as far as,  User exits is concerned if we use implicit enhancement which would be done without access key, the logic u have used will be wiped out at the time of system upgrade.

It is always recommended to use Access key for user exits and to use customer exits when there are some requirement in enhancements of standards.

Also, If you use BADI, in that case u have to use Object oriented approach for the development where as the same can achieved through procedural approach and object oriented approach in customer exits.

Thanks!!

Award points if useful!!!