Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport method CTS is not available when trying to do an export in Portal

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configued CTS+ for Portal using PI as our communication system.I have checke RFC destination sap.com/com.sap.tc.di.CTSserver in NWA of Portal and it is working fine.

Please find my observation below:-

I changed WBO_GET_REQ_STRATEGY = TAGGED instead of SMART. After that I am getting CTS option and if I create the transport request manually

then I am able to export it.

However if I set WBO_GET_REQ_STRATEGY = SMART it does not create the transport request automatically which is happening in our sandbox

system. Also during this step we are getting an ABAP dump each time we are getting "Transport method CTS not available" error in Portal.

Runtime Errors         DYNPRO_SEND_IN_BACKGROUND

Error analysis
    During background processing, the system attempted to send a screen to a
     user.

Current screen: "/RSC/SAPLDEV_RM_UTILITIES " 9050.

Additional system information:
    "currently running as cpic server"

Thanks,

Mofizur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Referencing the SAP doco - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/62/117d0cb40145d6bfc655dac7deb9c1/frameset.htm

Using SMART will perform the creation and release of the TR, while TAGGED requires manual intervention.  Have you tried AUTO as a test to see if that also short dumps?  I suspect that a service isn't active or a security authorization may be causing this.

What CTS version and SP are you on with the PI system?

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

We have a third party tool Rev-Trac which takes care of the transport Request creation part.We had a call with the Vendor and We understood that the Vendor does not support Close coupling(Automatic transport Request creation).We have to use the MANUAL option only both for TR create and Release.

Thanks,

Mofizur