cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service request or case management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to allow my service desk users to process requests. The have structured request like Hardware > Printer > Repair. OR New > partner

I thought of using multilevel categorization for that.

The issue is each request should have multiple steps.

Like a new partner >

Step 1 enter request

Step 2. Process partner receipt

Step 3. .....

Each step could be an activity for example.

Question: is it possible to pre-create these steps based on a template. The idea is that a user uses multilevel categorisation and that this way a template is selected. With this template the multiple activities "Steps" should be created.

How can i visible attach these activities to my service request?

I'm i miss using multilev cat. or should I implement this with case management and not service requests.

The steps should have status management and it should be possible to make reporting on it. ( therefore I didn't pick the survey )

Any suggestions are welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frederik,

You can check the service request template functionality and from the service request template you can create service requests to meet your requirement

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frederik,

if you are going to multiple transaction for single  business partner than case management will make sense.

In your case you can go with service order with out a template option. The hardware need to be an product, for that product categorization need to be done. Definitely some enhancements involved here.

1. Search and confirm or create a business partner.

2. Enter the hardware as product.

3. Multilevel categorization select the printer and repair, Categorization option need to be with respect to the hardware.

May be based on your business requirement you can have activity as followup to the service order with respect to the status profile.