DEV with IP x.x.x.1

TST with IP x.x.x.2

PRD with IP x.x.x.3

STMS Configuration :

DEV - Domain Controller

Common Transport Directory - /usr/sap/trans on DEV

Permissions for trans dir on DEV - 777

DEV > TST > PRD - Transport route

In the assumed 3 system configuration where there are 3 different OS (with one host each), on which we have 3 different SIDs.Can anyone let me know the step by step configuration to make TST and PRD point to the common trans directory on DEV?

Issue faced :

We created a transport request on DEV and released and can see the data and co files in the DEV's /usr/sap/trans/xx. But, when we go to TST and go to STMS_IMPORT, we only see a blank request in queue. We see the request number with the green status, but there is a green arrow mark in the shape of a "Z" in the first column "Number". And it says "Data files must still be transferred". We believe that this issue is faced because of the incorrect STMS configuration where the TST and PRD systems and not shared or mounted. And we do not know how to get that done. Kindly assist.

Regards,

VAT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to create /usr/sap/trans on PRD system and not and DEV. This is just recommendation and in case of DEV system OS unavailable then you wont be able to access the trans directory on PRD.

Anyway, in your scenario the /usr/sap/trans in currently on DEV. You should export this filesystem with read/write and then mount permanently on TST and PRD with read / write permission. Then you should configure the 3 system TMS configuration.

This already documented in the installation guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Can you please guide us on how to export and mount the filesystem from DEV to TST and PRD?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have set the NFS server and set the export for the /usr/sap/trans on DEV. However, we have a question on how to set the mount point for the NFS client on TST and PRD?

Should the mount point be set to /sapmnt on TST and PRD? Kindly advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to mount the filesystem as /usr/sap/trans on TST and PRD. I hope you have exported the filesystem with read/write option.

On TST and PRD perform following command as root:

mkdir /usr/sap/trans
mount <dev_hostname>:/usr/sap/trans /usr/sap/trans
ls -l /usr/sap/trans

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked. Thanks much Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you please guide us on how to export and mount the filesystem from DEV to TST and PRD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should have to root access to perform this activity. I would suggest to take help from UNIX/LINUX administrator to export and mount the filesystem.

Or you can search on internet on how to export a filesystem in linux and mount a NFS filesystem.