cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get aggregation method when retrieving a ResultSet property ?

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there.

When calling a property typed as ResultSet, I get the Data + Metadata Runtime JSON, fine.

If some rows dimensions display a "Total" (as it is called in the Initial View), based on an aggregation method of the measures (sum, average, ...), is there an easy way to know what aggregation methods was used for each measures ?

I may be blind, but I did not see any property defining this (a property like scalingFactor, which is itself, defined).

Sorry if it was already asked, I admit that I did not make much researches on this purpose .

Thanks.

Br,

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

I agree that it would be useful to know the aggregation type.  In the MetaData Runtime JSON, as you may have already noticed, there is an attribute named "type" which appears only when the member represents an aggregate value, in which case it is set to "RESULT".  However, as far as I am aware, there is no indication of the aggregation method.  Perhaps you could suggest this in the Design Studio Idea Place, so that the "type" attribute is populated with a code that also reflects the aggregation type, such as "SUM", "AVG" etc instead of the generic "RESULT", making it more meaningful.

Regards,

Mustafa.

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, I think I will suggest it !

Br,

Vincent

Answers (0)