cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Service Requests in CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I merge (link) multiple service requests in CRM?  We have a situation where the same email thread is creating multiple service requests numbers due to a Outlook email rule create by the business that automatically forwards emails to CRM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

In standard there is no option to merge the transaction.  I hope this  duplicate service request creation is because of the  some validation failure or incase the email is getting multiple times with in the same time frame this will happen. Can be controlled by introduce a sequential processing.

Or

Need to create an custom program to merge the service request details and Archive or reject unnecessary transactions.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is caused by an Outlook rule (Customer Name in email subject line) that automatically forwards the email to CRM.  The forwarded email reaches CRM and is assigned a service request number.  The issue is there are multiple email recipients on the original inbound email. When one of the recipients replies to the email, the email is forward to CRM and a new service request number is create for the same email thread.  I'm looking for a way for the Customer Service Agent to link/merge the multiple service requests together using the Subsequent Assignment functionality.  Configuring the business context for service requests to allow the linkage-post-creation of multiple service request.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might be an option, but not very easy to use for end users,

as then they need to manually search for initial request, to which the one should be assigned.

You may use ERMS that will (if you have ticket id in email/subject stored) in its service check if for incoming email is any request in CRM already (using this ID) and if yes create new one and assign them, or not create now one but only assign email to initial request and for eg. change its status and send notification to agent.

BR
Radek