cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI - Technical Server Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I already tried to read some info on the discussion forums but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

The situation is that we will make a Technical Upgrade from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R2.

We are using Crystal Reports XI. We have a large number of reports (about 400). From what I could check there's no compatibility between CR XI and

Windows Server 2008 R2. Is there a way of making the reports work in this environment ?

What are the possiblities that we have ? Migrate Crystal Reports to CR 2008 because it's compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bits) ?

On the reports that we have we need to do something to make them work ?

Thank you in Advance for the comments

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the best approach will be to upgrade your CR server to the version that supports your OS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the response. What about the rpt's ? We have to migrate them or they will work with the new version ? So it should be CR 2008 so ... I have to check about costs of upgrading also.

Anyone with similar experience ?

Thanks in Advance

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As with any upgrade it depends, some or most reports will work just fine, some might not.
It depends on their design and differences between product versions.
Ideally you should be thinking about upgrading to CR 2012, not 2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Thank you for the feedback.

It looks ok to upgrade to the latest CR available and compatible with Window Server 2008 R2. I was talking about the CR2008 because I was looking into a pdf that was old (April 2009 - Crystal Reports support of 64-bit Operating Systems).

My concern is only that the reports made in CR XI will still work on this version. We're talking about more or less 400 reports and some of them are complex (with some reports and so on).

Talking about cost of the upgrade where can I see that ? I have to contact customer support. Will the value be less because it will be an upgrade ?

Thanks in Advance

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No one on SCN can help you with the cost question.
You have to contact your SAP Account team or SAP Sales contact about that. (I'm not sure how CR report servers are being sold)

The only way you can know if your reports will work or not is to try, install a new CR server migrate some of the reports and test.

The version you should be looking for is Crystal Server 2013 or at least 2011.
Here is the page where you can get all the documentation about them and how to migrate your existing reports there. SAP Crystal Server 2013 – SAP Help Portal Page

You can't upgrade by overriding your current system, you'll have to upgrade by installing new server and migrating reports there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Denis,

Thanks for the response! I will investigate further. When I have more news I will update it!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone,

Need urgent help!