Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI check-in failure

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a BPM process and we have NWDI configured. Lately I had to change my laptop and since then I have been having this problem that when I make changes to any of the BPMs , I am able to build the DC, however checking-in of the activity fails with either of the 2 errors:

• FAILED: CHECKIN on activity <activy name> failed : :Failed to execute operations. macro execution failed [cause: Bad Request]
  • FAILED: CHECKIN on activity <activity name>failed : :Failed to execute operations. macro execution failed [cause: Communication error [cause: Connection reset]]

Mostly, I get the first error once and then subsequent attempts end in second error.

Please note that I have tried to create new workspace, creating new DCs etc, but no luck so far.

NWDS version: SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.3 SP10 PAT0008

NWDI: 7.4 SP 5

Full text of error log from second exceptions is below:

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:182)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.streams.ChunkedInputStream.readLine(ChunkedInputStream.java:328)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.streams.ResponseStream.readLine(ResponseStream.java:274)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.impl.Response.initialize(Response.java:478)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.Connection.getResponse(Connection.java:2698)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.Connection.sendInternal(Connection.java:1615)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.Connection.send(Connection.java:1478)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.requests.RequestBase.perform(RequestBase.java:555)

at com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.requests.RequestBase.perform(RequestBase.java:685)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.uncheckedExecute(DeltavCommand.java:189)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.DeltavCommand.execute(DeltavCommand.java:49)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.Macro.executeMacro(Macro.java:338)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.deltavlib.impl.Macro.execute(Macro.java:446)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.impl.VFSOperationsGroup.executeMacro(VFSOperationsGroup.java:492)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.impl.VFSOperationsGroup.perform(VFSOperationsGroup.java:421)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.actions.CheckinAction.pureExecute(CheckinAction.java:70)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.actions.BaseAction$1.run(BaseAction.java:55)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.impl.VfsEventManager.run(VfsEventManager.java:146)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.actions.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:51)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.ui.actions.VfsObjectSelectionAction$4.doDtrJobInWorkerThread(VfsObjectSelectionAction.java:540)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.job.DtrJob$2.run(DtrJob.java:154)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.lock.DiiConsistencyServiceImpl$1.run(DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.java:120)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.lock.DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.executeConsistentWorkspaceRunnable(DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.java:90)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.lock.DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.executeConsistentWorkspaceRunnable(DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.java:52)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.lock.DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.executeInWorkspaceAndDevConfLocks(DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.java:126)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.job.DtrJob.runInSync(DtrJob.java:147)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.job.DtrJob.syncExec(DtrJob.java:127)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.ui.actions.VfsObjectSelectionAction.executeFinalVfsAction(VfsObjectSelectionAction.java:549)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.ui.actions.CheckinActivityAction$2.doDtrJobInWorkerThread(CheckinActivityAction.java:136)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.job.DtrJob$2.run(DtrJob.java:154)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.lock.DiiConsistencyServiceImpl$1.run(DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.java:120)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.lock.DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.executeConsistentWorkspaceRunnable(DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.java:90)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.lock.DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.executeConsistentWorkspaceRunnable(DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.java:52)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.lock.DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.executeInWorkspaceAndDevConfLocks(DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.java:126)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.job.DtrJob.runInSync(DtrJob.java:147)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.job.DtrJob.access$000(DtrJob.java:27)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.job.DtrJob$1.run(DtrJob.java:94)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

[Error: com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.requests.RequestBase  Thread[ModalContext,6,main]]

I don't see any logs in the .log file for first exception.

Has anyone had this error before?

Thanks,

Sanjeev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was able to work around the issue with 2 options:

1. Try to force upload the content and then check in the activity
  2. Sometimes doing a "revert unchanged item" also helped.

Hope it is useful to someone else.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I kindly ask you to be polite and constructive, SCN is a professional network, please follow the community etiquette and behavior described in The SCN Rules of Engagement

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin (moderator and space editor)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

As per my understanding it is not a problem of NWDI. It looks like File Adaptor problem.

Please have a look of SAP Note 821267.

Thanks,

Hamendra

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

man, it is nwdi&nwds.....

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Sorry Dear, I though it is happening in PI.

Sanjeev,

Create another workspace of NWDS and then try and also check through another machine to confirm that this problem is with your laptop or with NWDS or NWDI.

Thanks,

Hamendra

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

man are u reading?

he has done that

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Yes, I read that but he hasn't mentioned that he has created new workspace in his changed laptop or in another PC/laptop.

Thanks,

Hamendra

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that I have tried to create new workspace, creating new DCs etc, but no luck so far.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

before changing ur computer, it was working?