Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport item hierachy from dev to acc in ucwb

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can you describe me what I need to check if I want to transport bcs item hierarchy. I have redundant entries on Acceptance I corrected the hierarchy on development and no redundant items. Now when always I want to manual transport the hierarchy structure the duplicates still exist on acceptance .

Can you give me a hint? An advice would be great.

Thanks and regards,

murat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A few things that might help.

In the target system UCWB Tools view, ensure the replication in BW is overwrite or delete for Items and Item hierarchies.

If the Item hierarchy is time-dependent there may be changes from different periods interfering.

There is also the utility program UCMGSY20 to synch between BCS master data and BW master data which may help remove duplicates.

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

your reply i checked and your first point:

1. In the target system UCWB Tools view, ensure the replication in BW is overwrite or delete for Items and Item hierarchies.--> is set for master data Delete all for hierarchies overwrite.
  2. If the Item hierarchy is time-dependent there may be changes from different periods interfering.--> Can you tell me how I can check this.

The program I did not use but I read in other post use ugmd_batch_synch instead of this.

Please advise here much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

murat

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I do not currently have access to a BCS system to confirm, the setting for time-dependent characteristics may be in the databasis or cons area, but should be clearly identifiable in the BW workbench for the Item characteristic (object).

The program I mentioned is on demand and easy to pick and choose what to synch and not synch. It also allows the user to choose the source and target - BW vs. BCS.

I hope this helps.

Dan

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DAN,

the program I have  never used but I checked on rsa1 and the currently active V100 hierarchy GCGCOA valid till 31.12.9999 does include the redundant items whereas the BCS hierarchy does not. We also have one BW hierarchy which is valid till 01.01.2007 and in this the redundant items do not exist.Also in rsa 1 when displaying the active hierarchy including the redundant items I can see that in column LINK ID everywhere is empty only the redundant items have a checked box. My concerns in using the program you have mentioned is that we have 4 hierarchies in BW under object 0cs_item. How will the synchronize program have an impact on all of them? Can you give me some advices? And you said: It also allows the user to choose the source and target - BW vs. BCS... I did not find it I just had the option to select Databasis of SEM-BCS and selecting the object I want to have synchronized. THEUCWB hierarchy is ok but the BW not. When trying to transport  UCWB item hierarchy it does not get transported.

Thanks and regards,

murat 

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is only a guess, but it may be that the different hierarchies shares some nodes and that some of these shared nodes were changed in one hierarchy and not the others.

When a shared node is changed in one hierarchy it is automatically changed in any other hierarchy that it is included in.

If this is the case, you will need to create unique nodes where items assigned are different.

This sounds like a hierarchy cleanup effort.

Yes, the program will likely change other hierarchies where shared nodes occur.

You can at least use the program to help identify the inconsistencies if you do not want to use it to automatically correct them.

Answers (0)