cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Manual Restart" status - why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, when I receive some messages in AIF, they are in "Manual Restart" status (yellow) and I have no idea - why ? After some time messages are getting to error status.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

my understanding  is that the messages are sent to AIF and they stay a long time in status "yellow" arrow which means "Started". You haven't restarted them manually or automatically.

Is this correct? Then it looks like the message processing uses a longer system time and the number of parallel jobs cannot handle all messages in a usual time.

For XML interfaces the standard AIF setup is that every single message is added to a queue and a single job in SAP is started to process the queue. That means every single message use one job run. The SAP system setup job run can limit the number of parallel jobs in that way that for long running messages other parallel messages (job run) need to wait. This is displayed with the yellow arrow.

If I'm right with your problem and you want to raise your performance then you will find help under Persistence Layer and Runtime - SAP Application Interface Framework - SAP Library (Runtime Configuration Group Creation). Unfortunately we haven't found out how to start a queue / job automatically by AIF.

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, maybe it's just because of not so powerfull DEV-system?

0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

I am working on a scenario where PI will call and RFC from ECC and update the data in ECC. On ECC side; I have created an RFC Function module In that function mmodule I am trying to do the processing through AIF by calling a method

This is the code I have written in the RFC FM and in the AIF configuration I have assigned an action FM which will do the processing. The problem is; Action FM is not getting triggered and in AIF/ERR transaction; messages are stuck in manual restart status.

Please  help me on this.

Regards,

Pankaj Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

two quick ideas:

1. Could it be that all AIF jobs failed due to a dump? This cannot be provided back to AIF and the message stay in status "in process". (check job (SM35) and ST22)

2. Did you call the method with a queue namespace and name? Is this set up in teh aif runtime configuration? Then you need to start the message processing with program /AIF/PERS_RUN_EXECUTE.

Good luck

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

what kinf of interfaces do you have? Do you use the XML or the proxy persistence for the interface? In case it is a XML interface, I think the tooltip might simply be wrong/missleading.

If you have a proxy interface, you should check if automatic reprocessing is configured, either in AIF or in the local integration engine. In this case a restart of the message might already be triggered.

Best regards,

Verena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Verena,

I use XML-persistence