cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Recording Working Time on ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to setup the Record Working Time on ESS and getting the following error "System error: SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication". This is on an EP7 system and using NWBC.

The error does not prevent me from entering or saving data. I did see this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3422248 and also did double check in SICF to make sure the services were activated. What am I missing?

Don

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it has to do with Soamanager settings Please check in srtutil or st22 any error you see, you can check the SMICM logs http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/SOAMANAGER+Configuration+for+CATS+Web+Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the response. I will look into it more,

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I had a similar issue with this with an IDES sandbox system a few months back and if it is not Soamanager settings as Siddharth mentioned above then please see OSS Note 1819681 - System error (SRT) during Record Working Times.

In Particular pay attention to "You have the option "HR Enabled CATS" flagged in CAC1 settings for the employee's profile. One of the functionalities of this flag is "Display Work Schedules for Employees" with SAP mentioning that the cause is"Missing customizing. Even if your HR system is together with CATS application, the system will make use of web services in order to get the work schedule of employee"

You can test this very easily be going to CAC1 and uncheck this box and see if that works.

Thanks,

Imran

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

One other thing to add. You may need to look at one other service which is not mentioned in the wiki document but you need to do the same thing.

PYRLPROC_BDQE_EE_QR is the service for payroll periods --> CO_CATSPAYROLL_PROCESS_ERPBASI consumer proxy.

For me, the issue was that in the consumer proxy in our sandbox system was still pointing to something in the SAP namespace incorrectly.

In addition I went back and looked at my notes for this issue and I had to implement OSS Note 1948335 via SNOTE to resolve a related issue to get it fully working.

Thanks,

Imran

Answers (0)