cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to call IPC url(ECC standalone)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

is anyone know about ECC IPC,  I am going to use IPC with ECC standalone.

the url of call IPC is like: http://<hostname>:<portnumber>/ipc/admin/xcm/init.do

now I am using ECC6.0 EHP7 IDES system, when I launch the URL, it goes a 404 error.

I have activated the VMC according to note 854170. I searched from google, some says that the j2ee engine is needed, but some says that IPC has already included in ECC VMC.

can anyone tell me

1. do I need a additional NW AS JAVA server?

2. the URL is launched from ECC ABAP server or JAVA server?

3. How to configure the system to enable the URL valid?

thanks

William

sudheer19
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi William,

i am using ECC VC in CRM and i need to configure the IPC URL in CRM, may i know how can i get the URL please . i am not sure how it works Variant Configuration and IPC so would be helpful if you can assist me here. Thanks in Advance!.

Regards,
Venakt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. do I need a additional NW AS JAVA server?

- the  IPC itself does run in a VMC and not the Web-As. This one does not require a Web-As

However, the "/ipc/" application is a web-application. It is just a front-end, which does require the NW Java stack. You have to install the WebAS Java, deploy the IPC web-application and use the XCM to setup the connection to your ERP / CRM system (where the actual IPC is located)

2. the URL is launched from ECC ABAP server or JAVA server?

Java Server

3. How to configure the system to enable the URL valid?

Same answer as 1.

But the other question is, do you really need that application as it is quite outdated or do you just wanna calculate any prices and like to show those in another application? Because in that case you simply have to call the RFC function within ERP to get prices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your answer.

by saying"the ipc itself does run in VMC and not JAVA-AS", do you mean that to use IPC, I don't have to install the AS-JAVA? than how can I configure the system to use it?

I just want to do the product configuration and also calculate or input its price in a more flexible way. I once heard that IPC is run on web UI and can do this, so I tried to setup such demo system to learn.

Do you have any goode ideas.

thanks

William

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

That's correct, IPC itself run in VMC and you don't require Java AS. In EEC 6.0, IPC is running in the VM Container in the ABAP stack.

NetWeaver Application Server is only required when you do have ISA or WCEM configured.

Please download configuration guide "IPC in SAP Ecommerce for MySAP ERP" from market place which will help you to configure.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hamendra,

thanks for your answer.

I did the configuration according to the guide "IPC in SAP E commerce for MySAP ERP", but it seems that I still can not open the URL;http://hostname: port/ipc/admin/xcm/init.do?

how can I use IPC?

thanks

William

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

XCM Administration tool is only used to configure Web applications, once you have installed the Web components. You use it to make configuration settings needed at runtime for web based applications

You only have to set up XCM configuration settings for those Web applications that are relevant to the scenarios and processes you are using.The XCM user interface is used for Java-side configuration of the Web application.

If you are using any of the web based application then you have to have SAP NetWeaver AS and then you can access XCM (the URL which you have mentioned).

If you are not using any web based application then there is no role of XCM in your case.

Can you please let me know if my understading is correct.

Thanks,
Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hamendra,

thanks for your answer, I think you give a clear answer.

but like you said, the IPC is a web-based application, where can I download it and deploy it on NW AS JAVA.

thanks

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Adreas,

where can I download the IPC application so that I can deploy it on AS JAVA

thanks

William

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Could you please share some details about your IPC requirement in ECC. For what purpose you want to use IPC.

If you provide above details then it will be easy to response.

Thanks,

Hamendra

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

As I mentioned above that XCM administration tool is used to configure Web Applications.

Please see the below scenarios where web allpications are used:

CRM E-Commerce

ERP E-Commerce

Selling via eBay in CRM and ERP

Channel Management

Interaction Center

Interaction Center WebClient

Interaction Center Workforce Management

Internet Customer Self-Service

etc

If you are using B2B/B2C Shop then you have to use XCM administration to configure IPC.

If you are not using above scenarios then I really don't understand the use to IPC.

Can you please share your requirement.

Thanks.

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hamendra,

For the ECC e-commerce using.

thanks

William

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

If you are using ECC e-commerce or ERP e-commerce then you should have NetWeaver AS installation.

XCM URL should be like

http://<host>:<port>/<web app name>/admin/xcm/init.do

<web app name> will not be IPC as you have mentioned above, it should b2b,b2c,...etc.

So URL may be like below, just giving an exmaple.

http://<host>:<port>/b2b/admin/xcm/init.do

it won't be below as you mentioned

http://<host>:<port>/ipc/admin/xcm/init.do (it is not correct).

Can you please check and please respond back.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hammendra,

I installed the NW AS JAVA, but when I launched the URL of http://host:port/b2b/admin/xcm/init.do,

it went with an error "404 Error:requested resource does not exist".

Do I need to deploy the B2B application on AS JAVA additionaly? if so, where can I download the B2B applications.

thanks

William

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Yes, if you want this then you have to deploy this application.

You have to download it from market place but it is licensed one, please check with SAP.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

XCM Administration tool is only used to configure Web applications, once you have installed the Web components. You use it to make configuration settings needed at runtime for web based applications

Close. XCM was originally designed for SAP E-commerce to enable a configuration the application instead of fighting with static properties files. The XCM was thereafter re-used by few other applications - just a few and not all of them. So far I can see, they have all somehow some common history to the e-commerce solution like IPC, shopadmin, b2b & b2c shop. Even Biller Direct / UCES does have it, but more because somebody copied the e-commerce code quickly to build that product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably missed to deploy the CRMDIC package to your java stack. That does contain the DB tables , which are used by the XCM.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Is you problem resolved.

Thanks,

Hamendra

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

An URL which you have mentioned above for XCM. It is used to set up the user interface (JSP-UI) as part of an XCM scenario. In this case you have to have NetWeaverApplicatin Server.

But as I understood your scenario, you don't need this.

Please have look of the below SAP help.

Configuration Engine in mySAP ERP - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Thanks,

Hamendra