cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of gallons/Litres

0 Kudos

L.S.

Here at my customer there is a question to solve mentioned problem.

When e.g. bezin of gasoline is stored it will be held to 15 degrees Celsius. ( 1 liter = 1 liter at 15 C.)

When its being transported the temperature lowers and that means that same quantity (volume) of benzin is less than one liter. Or when the temp becomes higher then 15 C the same quantity becomes more than 1 Liter.

How can I in register EH&S what the exact volume is for a given temperature.

Example:

15C  1 Liter = 1 liter

20C  1 Liter = 2 liter

10C  1 Liter = 0,75 liter

So I need to be able to register the amount of fuel during a given temperature.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215646
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kees,

This is pretty common in EH&S.

Please have a look at the EH&S property "Density" for example.

You can have multiple valuation instances and specify the value for each temperature.

Precondition is that your property allows multiple instances (see IMG 'Specify value assignment types', Flag single instance).

Regards,

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Yes ofcourse it is the density, I should have known it but after a long time things get out of sight.

Thanks You've been very helpfull.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kees

may be some add on to the explanations of Andreas:

a.) because of many reasons people in US would like to get "Fahrenheit" to be printed in SDS/MSDS

b.) thereas people in europe would like to get "Celsius"

c.) and my be some people would like to see "g/cm3" on SDS

d.) and some others would like to see "pound/cm3" in SDS

e.) and others need data to handle the "DG" process

There are many options to handle these demands. But they are not well understood by many people.

In most cases the best approach is to maintain data in CG02 in such a way that no conversion is needed for SDS/MSDS. This could lead to two instances in density. One with "Fahrenheit" with "PUBLIC/US" anbd one with "Celcius" PUBLIC/REG_WORLD - US

To handle dangerous goods topics you need to prepare a further data record (in most cases DG/REG_WORLD is used) or you need to add one additional usage to the specific data record. So coming from "chemistry" and "physic" point of view: you must enter many values in database for SDS etc. purposes but there is no "difference" from chemistyr/Physical point of view.

In context of DG and SDS handling their are a lot of addiitonal options available to handle this situation. Any of these options gives rise to "more" complex" IT solutions.

E.g. you can generate a new report symbol for the "temparture" one. Then with in this symbol you check Is it "in Celcisu" or "fahrenheit" and then you could convert the valuze just before printing it in SDS.

The same is true in DG handlinug. You can "adapt" the DG filling process so that the DG filling process is "accepting"  a lot of entries in Cg02 but will use only one value.

The on top you have to considere as well this: any data record in the database "slows" down any selection of data record from data base; therefore coming from point of performance: as less data values are there the performance is "improved".

Your kind of issues is true for I believe roughly 50 and more properties in EHS because in many of them you will find characteristics which are "UoM" driven

C.B.

PS The "worst" in this context if the "UoM" topic for compositions; If you do not pay attantion: you will get a "disaster" in database

0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph, It works fine.

Answers (0)