Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JAM Login

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I tried to register SAP JAM at SAP - SAP Jam  with my gmail id

A popup messages triggered: The e-mail address 'xxxx@gmail.com' registered with SAP ID has not been invited to this system.

Please contact the person who sent the original group invitation and ask them to invite you with the address 'xxxx@gmail.com'.

Alternatively, you may want to try logging in via your regular log-in page for Jam - <a href="https://answers.sap.com/auth/login">click here</a> to go there.

What i have do now. Please suggest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have followed the instruction in the link SAP Jam FAQ EN and I tried to log in SAP JAM with my gmail id using the ink https://jam4.sapjam.com/auth/request_login_help

I received a mail on my gmail : Someone has recently requested Jam login instructions for the email address: 'xxxxx@gmail.com'.

Unfortunately we don't have this email address on file. Please get in touch with the individual who initially contacted you regarding Jam to request a new invitation.

What i have do now. Please suggest.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Hamid,

You are trying to login to the SAP Jam instance of SAP. You only get access to this instance when someone invites you to that instance.

From you previous questions around SAP Jam and SAP CRM integration I assume that you want to login to your SAP Jam instance. Is this correct? Did you license SAP Jam? Either as a customer or a partner?

Best regards,

Rüdiger

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger

We have CRM for Sales and Service. HCM for Internal employees.

Now we want to implement SAP JAM for internal employee collaboration features on ipad/mobile.

I think We have 360 access to SAP Jam.

Is SAP - SAP Jam Instance is the common entry for any user/group/company/partner across the world to start collaborate with their specific colleagues/groups?

Whom to request to get access to SAP JAM Instance. Please help.

Regards

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid,

You need to contact your SAP account executive so that you can clarify if your company already licensed SAP Jam. If this is the case he can help you with getting access to your instance. If not you will first have to license SAP Jam enterprise edition as this is the edition that is requried to do integrations with SAP CRM and SAP HCM.

The link that you posted is a link for customers/partners of SAP who need to collaborate with SAP.

Best,

Rüdiger

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger

Thanks  for your quick and detail explanation.

My employer is SAP partner company.

My question are

1. If my organization has licence with SAP JAM and if we will get access to SAP - SAP Jam   with our authorized account. Is this enough for my organization to provide enterprise collaboration features available in SAP JAM? If Yes . Don't we required to do any configurations at SAP side(CRM or HCM) ?

2. Is SAP - SAP Jam Instance is the common entry for all  SAP JAM licensed customers/partner across the world to start collaborate with their own specific colleagues/groups? 

3. Is SAP - SAP Jam  is like a single application like facebook, a common entry for all users with their own account and own groups? If yes is the answer for this question, then SAP provides a ready made built collaborative featured application SAP JAM in common to all the customers and partners. In this if user want some enhancement in features of   SAP - SAP Jam , how to handle ?

4. Once my organization start using the SAP JAM for it employee collaborative activities, further if in case my organization want to  integrate SAP CRM with SAP JAM, as Glenn Michaels explained in my previous thread, oss note 1891369 & note 2059561 will be required to implement accordingly. Kindly evaluate my understanding.

Regards

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid,

1) if you have a license you will get your own SAP Jam instance with a different login URL. You can integrate this instance of SAP Jam with your instances of SAP CRM or SAP HCM. The steps how to configure SAP CRM is described in the SAIL config guide and the other guide  that I mentioned earlier.

2) Each customer has his own tenant in SAP Jam. With a different logon URL. Also the external users will have to connect to each extranet with a different URL. So if two customers license SAP Jam and both invite the same user to groups on their respective instances the user will have to two different tenants of SAP Jam.

3) Each customer gets his tenant; all tenants have the same functionality. We are working with our customers and ask for their feedback to further enhance the product. In addition customers can add functionality to SAP Jam by building OpenSocial gadget and adding them to their SAP Jam instance.

4) Yes these notes are required. Plus all the config steps in the guides that I mentioned.

Best

Rüdiger

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Excellent reply Rüdiger.

1. OK. apart from SAIL config what or the other Guide. is it 'SAP CRM and SAP Gateway is already installed' I think SAP Note 2059561 also required ? I have seen other relevant link SAP Jam Developer Guide. I think this also covers what we are discussing.

or do we have some thing else?

Regards

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger

I am able to log in SAP JAM Network using link Jam Login with my organization email id.

I have below links on my page.

Common Actions

Write a Blog

Add a Wiki

Track a Term

Feed Settings

Email Settings

Access Trash

and I see option to create create Group. I don't see option to ask question, discuss and decision tools.

Please help.

Regards

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid,

The should be a header bar with entries "Home", "Groups" & "Company". If you click on "Groups" you will get a menu which will allow you to create groups.

Can you please also click on the cog on the upper left. This will bring up a menu. Click on "Admin". This will either bring up a page with the names of the admins or your instance or - in case you are an admin - it will bring up a page which has a "General" section that tells you which edition of SAP Jam you licensed. Can you please check what you see in the field "Product Version"? For integrations to work you need to be on "SAP Jam enterprise edition".

Best,

Rüdiger

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger

Yes you are right. I can see option to create create Group at header bar.  I can see settings button(wheel shape) at right top. When clicked on it, a small menu with options account settings, admin, invite & logout.

I clicked on Admin from the menu, here I see my company administrator name and send mail option to contact administrator. To know the Product Version, I will have to get in touch with admin then.

Any other eay to know the current version ?

Is 'ask question, discussions, idea and decision tools' are available only in "SAP Jam enterprise edition"?

Regards

Hamid

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid,

you need to get the version info from your admin.

The enterprise edition is required for integrations with CRM or HCM; forums functionality is already available with lower editions (but not in free and basic).

Best,

Rüdiger

Answers (0)