Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Establishing connection btw 2 clients in the same R/3 instance, same Port??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to establish a connection between client800 and client020  , both are in the same R/3 instance.

in both clients I need to do the following steps :1 - T-code : SALE --> define and assign logical system

2-  T-code : SM59  --> create RFC connection

3-  T-code : WE21 --> create Port.

My question is : Do these clients have the same port (since they are in the same R/3 instance) ?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add another question:

- when creating RFC destination in client 020, when doing "connection test' and 'remote logon' ...it should take me to 800. and vice versa ( RFC destination 'connection test' in 800  client should take me to 020 )

is this correct ?

Thank you.

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would say you should have different ports if you want to setup both ALE direction 020<->800 and for your second question, i think you are correct.

Best Regards,

Yong Luo