cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know which transport orders should be released before a SAP Upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Wich transport orders should be released before a SAP upgrade? How could I know which transport orders should be verified by the programmers, etc before an upgrade?

I verified the table E071 to check all the lock objects but I'm not sure if this is the best way to verify which transport orders have lock objects on it that could present an issue in a SAP upgrade.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Carlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor

SUM will provide you with a list of transport requests and repairs that are not yet released in the system at REPACHK2 phase just before the lock development phase. You should check with the developers and release them before your continue. You can use Tx SE09 to view them. Check the SUM guide for the section "Releasing and Confirming Open Repairs and Requests" to know more.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

Could you please mark this question as answered if the replies you received helped you.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

/nSE03 => Find Requests => Request Type (Only Select "Repair")

Make sure you select "Request Status" = Modifiable/Release Started.

Equally, as Reagan said you'll get a list of open repairs in the REPACHK2 phase.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restore a backup of your Dev system and start the upgrade process and the SPAU/SPDD process will provide the information you are after to give to your developers.

While it is a lot of work it gets you experience using SUM/SAINT and gather the information you need for your developers, this would also allow for additional upgrade testing.