Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need some advise on JOB IN SAP BASIS.

pravin_patel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SCN,

My name is Pravin. I live in US and a citizen. Some of my friend's in IT convinced me to go into IT as it holds promising future. I recently completed a SAP BASIS training via IT consultant company. I found this company from SULEKHA.com My background is in BIOLOGY, so i'm switching gears here. I enjoy working with technologies. I am an END user for SAP ERP system in my current manufacturing job. Now I have learned the theory of SAP basis, not that i have mastered it, but i'm working toward it. i feel confident that i can find a solution or at least know where to look for answers for basis related job. however, can someone please advise me on how to approach or dive into the job market with no prior experience in SAP basis? are there companies willing to hire newbies? what else can i do to make myself visible? if you were in my shoes at some point in your career, what did you do? any thoughts, feedback is appreciated. I want to thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavin,

You should also gain knowledge in working with few operating systems and database platforms.

And try to practice Basis troubleshooting Consents. Read Basis Interview questions extensively,

and try your luck in attending the interviews.

Jagan.

0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Work hard in Basis concepts and try to get hands on as much as posible..

And also try to learn some basics of atleast one database administration concepts..

Or try to attend some interviews in some company in which they hire freshers and train them in SAP...

Give your best..then sure you will be selected..There is nothing like impossible..

Mark as helpfull Answer if it is 😄

All the best for your career..

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Put some 10 years experience and then start searching else no one will give you a job.

pravin_patel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your respond.

Regards,

Pravin